Can we have more privacy in forums to feel more safe?

I’m aware of that, but that is the entire functionality of it, and how it works. To help prevent and protect streamers from stream sniping. It has very little to do with privacy.

1 Like

Also, Nelfas, did you know anonymous posting has nothing to do with protecting privacy, but more of invading privacy? If you don’t believe me, just go look at 4chan for a real prime example.

9 Likes

Yeah honestly at this point, it’s just spam lol. Fake Politeness should be reported as spam if it does nothing to help the discussion or stay on topic tbh.

1 Like

I dont know what is 4chan. Nor i really care. Its WoW forums, why bring outside world into this game forum ?

Because it holds a fact to the dangers of anonymous posting. Something in which you’re fully ignoring.

7 Likes

4 chan is an anonymous posting board.

Because people from the real world use this forum.

7 Likes

No. That is outright abusing the report function. Being annoying is not against the rules. I get that the person goes in circles and does not have any constructive explanation for how anon posting would help create a better wow community.

They have admitted they have no in-game issues or privacy violations and no IRL issues or violations. Just people remembering what they said and looking at the post history - a history that does not even belong to them.

You get 5 flags a day (which should be per Bnet account but I digress). Do not waste them abusing reports because “someone was polite”.

3 Likes

That other forum you refering have a monthly subscription?

Just casually admitting you don’t know the point of its existence

1 Like

Oh they know what it is. It’s as old as the internet, it like not knowing the sky is blue.

2 Likes

This forum doesn’t require a monthly subscription, it is the game. Reason why the game subscription is tied to using the forums is to as to quote from Blizzard, to help minimize and control spam. But you do not need a monthly subscription to use the forums, as people can still use the forums on starter accounts, ofcourse with limited access to where to post.

3 Likes

That has nothing to do with anything. The example is all about what happens when a website allows full anon posting where the name changes with each post/thread. It is a very very bad place where some of the most toxic people online hang out. A place where outright doxing, harassment, and illegal things occur due to “anonymity”. It is about the ugliest place online you can get before you head over to sites that are not searchable…

People have tried this anon experiment before with disastrous results.

9 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The sort of politeness i’m talking about, isn’t genuine at all and feeds into trolling, or worse, used to silence others for negative feelings or etc. I’ve often refer to this as toxic positivity throughout the forums.

I have no problem with positivity at all. (I mean i laugh like a hyena when something funny happens). It’s the dishonesty i’m just not fond of. Just like… let positivity be natural and come from the natural place. :neutral_face:

People keep saying that, but I wonder how often that sort of thing actually happens.

I’ve been around for a while on a few different names, argued with quite a few people over the years (even a few exceptionally nasty people that have told me to “lean forward on the edge of a tall building” and such), openly mocked some people who were being huge buttheads, and I’ve never had someone whisper or mail me in-game over it.

I’ve seen quite a few people openly post their battletags in threads like this and later say nothing came of it as well.

Like I said in one of the previous versions of this thread that went into the dumpster, it seems like a waste of time to grab someone’s info and tell them to piss off in an area where any moderation will affect their ability to play the game compared to just telling them to piss off here.

2 Likes

Thats the point. You need active game time, subscription to post in forums. Forums are moderated. So trying to demonize my suggestions based of outside world free internet sites?

So what kind of stuff would you like to see posted if there were anon posts?

1 Like

I’ve posted my Battletag many times, I know some here dispise me, and YET no one has messaged me. A lot of hot wind over nothing.

8 Likes

I posted mine too.

Speaking of Dragula#1137

For an extra kicker here’s my discord Dragula_UwU

4 Likes

There is HUGE difference where you can post anything as free user, and payed subscription like this forum.

Silly post. Just make the forums like OW2 and D4. End of story and discussion. Ignore OP. Obvious troll.

6 Likes