Can we have more privacy in forums to feel more safe?

I wish my real name was Gremlin#1181. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

The years may go on, but the repeat forum threads are forever!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This was straight out of Chatgpt

1 Like

I wonder what chat GPT says about the OP? Iā€™m curious one second.

2 Likes

Only because people derail it, and sadly mods DO play favorites despite the topic itself being fine for the forums.

1 Like

No.

There has been studies online that trolls like to thrive on anonymity, giving them this option will just benefit them more then the forums as a whole and it will turn into a breeding ground of toxicity, you can say ā€œMods will deal with itā€ while that can be trueā€¦ but, the reality is that having rules and mods in place wonā€™t stop someone who isnā€™t going to follow the rules in the first place, mainly the anons in particular.

We have seen it some people using throwaway lvl 10 characters to troll or be hateful because technically its a form of Anon posting (not saying that every lvl 10 poster is bad, There is just some bad apples using it).

:thread: :mute:

3 Likes

https://chat.openai.com/share/62218cba-e7a2-4f8c-ad52-3a7c05f0f05c

So hereā€™s the AI chat it had. It basically summarized the OP in the first response and it went from there.

Interesting.

2 Likes

Generally when people have complete or relatively complete anonymity, it draws out more trolls.

Sure, there is some safety aspects I suppose, but I donā€™t believe any personal information can really be gained and I donā€™t think people will hunt your character down in game for something you posted on the forums.

However, Iā€™m confident there would be a large uptick in trolling/flaming/etc because there would be little to no social repercussions. If weā€™ve learned anything from the internet over the last 20+ years, it is that.

11 Likes

i dont think that would be the case.

It absolutely would be the case.

Friend, donā€™t engage with it. It will be a lesson of frustration. Wait till it tells you about ā€œthe lengthy studies they claim to have doneā€.

i dont think that would be the case either about this.

yeah iā€™ve been thinking and this suggestion has no downsidesā€¦ there are only benefits to this.

1 Like

Yes i agree. Since they already did something similar in overwatch2, we can expect it might be implemented here in forums too.

1 Like

i would agree with that for sure.

1 Like

Storm back to referring to people as ā€œitā€ I see.

Itā€™s like watching a game of pong

No thoughts at all, just back and forth

5 Likes

3 Likes

Given the amount of people who troll or post on level 10 forum characters as it is, you donā€™t think there would be more people doing it if they had complete anonymity?

There are many forums, websites, and games that are examples of what people will do when their actions canā€™t be traced back to them. Like a huge amount.

10 Likes

inb4 locked

6 Likes