Can we have more privacy in forums to feel more safe?

thank you for your opinion regarding this amazing forum future.

1 Like

Give it time. The OP is doing the same things again, and running their mouths.

4 Likes

That will NEVER happen. :rofl:

1 Like

Amazing for who?

Not for me thatā€™s for sure. Bad enough we get veiled fetish threads around here with all kinds of different stuff.

5 Likes

Rude? I was thinking weā€™d literally call it a real life threat by then.

why you think so? Ow2 already did something similar.

In the game. Not on the forum.

Their forums use battle tags.

9 Likes

You beat me to it. :smile:

2 Likes

OP can freely look over there and see the battle tags being used.

3 Likes

Okay, itā€™s not like somehow your response never got deleted or anything.

My opinion was posted in the other versions of this reposted topic. It, like your posts, is still available to peruse if youā€™d like.

5 Likes

this is mmorpg forums, blizzard already said that they wont implement real names in forums. Been 14 years since then. It will never happen because it is a game forums.

Nobody wants more privacy breach then it is now even with ā€œnot realā€ names.

Battle tag =/= real id.

Try again.

My battle tag is Dragula#1137. My real name is NOT dragula.

If you have your battletag as your real name Iā€™m pretty sure they give a free change.

8 Likes

Iā€™m defintely a person who (when much younger) used to agree with the OP.
At this point, I"m a fully functioning adult with a life outside the game. Iā€™m also not some child who started playing this or another game yesterday.
Iā€™m opnionated and I own it. I dont care if people agree with me or not, I say things in here b/c often I feel like in MOST situations, there is way too much ā€œGroup thinkā€ and more people should stand up and be heard if they dont agree. Just own it. No reason to hide. eff em all as i say :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you worried about computer gremlins?

Sadly but it is 100% correct.

RealID has been depreciated, no long used or pushed. Itā€™s old code. Battlenet ID took itā€™s place.

1 Like

People still confuse this?
There is a battletag you give to anybody, like mine being Errtu#11158
All anybody sees is ā€œErrtuā€ or maybe the full number too since I think there is a setting.
Then there is the Battle.net account add which would show whatever ā€œrealā€ name you gave to Blizzard to set up your account.

one you can give to anybody, no problem.
The other you should basically never give to anybody at all lol.

4 Likes

Only when they want to purposely muddy the waters.

4 Likes

Tbh I didnā€™t even know you could still give out a real id tag.

More along the lines of sticking fingers in ears and going ā€œla la laā€ because itā€™s been explained several times at this point.

4 Likes

I wish my real name was Thundertotem (Thundertotem#1365), that would be so awesome. Meet and greets would be outstanding.

5 Likes