Can we give Void Elves the Green Eyes?

I mean…that would be an answer, but I don’t think it’s one that’s going to get an overwhelmingly positive reception from one side of the aisle.

2 Likes

They have not many other options left. Alone the title “Midnight” suggests that the Sunwell will be turned Void and its up to the Void Elves to help them out.

And let’s be fair, I rather see the Thalassian elves merged together and an end to these topics, before they take away too much resources from the developers, which could be used to rework the Blood Elf and Draenei starting zone, so they join the Eastern Kingdom/Kalimdor server for good.

1 Like

It’s not something I am personally against. I just don’t really see it settling these topics. I think it would instead create new ones.

1 Like

Should have happened a long time ago. This constant “THESE ARE MY TOYS AND I WON’T SHARE” whining is so incredibly annoying. Especially considering that we are probably talking about adults getting temper tantrums over certain customization options in an outdated game here. :joy: Just make all races neutral and be done with it. Night Elves could be called Highborne within the Horde, blood elves can be high elves within the Alliance. No more kindergarten discussions about the most trivial things.

2 Likes

Maybe, but people in WoW need generally learn to share and accept what’s the best for the greater good. The AOTC-discussions are basically the same in another coat.

WoW Elf-players are generally drama instigators, regardless in which part of the world…

I mean… this is not just drama, it’s straight up toddler behavior…

The devs reinforce such behavior of course, with the way they handle races in this game. It’s just overall a really bad concept they use.

The only thing that makes me apprehension about merging them is losing void elf racials. I find spatial rift incredibly useful in niche situations.

Eh, they could just recolor/texture it to fit.

I’m not concerned about the aesthetic, blood elves have their own racials that are completely different to void elves’ racials. I’m concerned about the void elf racials being overwritten by the blood elf racials.

I wouldn’t be, if they merge they most likely will keep spatial rift and arcane torrent, maybe change up their mechanics a bit. They might drop entropic embrace though due to complaints.

Ideally we would just be able choose between the 2 sets of racials. I don’t see them giving one race 2 on use racials like that.

We have several that has 2 on use racials…

Worgens and lfd is a few.

1 Like

Sure, but look at it like this, Light’s Judgement, it does damage, it’s for combat, summoning the anvil, not for combat (although I did once see a LFD get MC’d in a dungeon and made them summon the anvil, that was funny).

Darkflight? Movement ability that can be used during combat. Running wild? I actually don’t play worgen much, but sense you’re basically running at mount speeds, I’m pretty sure you can’t use it in combat.

Dracthyr on the other hand are weird right now. Tail swipe and wing buffet are both racials you would use in combat, but because as of right now dracthyr and evoke are exclusive to each other, they also get talent points that modify them. That one does have credence to it.

Arcane torrent is used as a purge and resource generator, clearly for combat. Spatial rift as a movement ability to actually get anywhere meaningful outside of combat? You can walk alongside it… it’s not very useful out of combat, unless you want to use it as a means to catch up to a group while looting.

You can play the horde today, selfish helfer.

2 Likes

I don’t even see the point of keeping it to sets of racials. Just have a pool and players can pick up to 4 passive and 2 active racials. This should be done for every race.

For example, Orcs. Make some racials inspired by the clans, helping to ground your orc’s descent. Had a parent from the Frostwolf clan? Reduce Fire and Frost damage taken by 5%. Had a parent from the Shadowmoon clan? Increase shadow damage dealt by 2%.

Works for humans as well. Lordaeron? +2% Holy damage. Dalaran? +2 Arcane damage, or something.

To be honest, a fair few of the Void Elf racials kind of make sense for Blood Elves in a way. Ethereal Connection? The Blood Elves were doing business with them in BC. Kael’thas might have stiffed them, but its not as if Lor’themar couldn’t have remedied that situation. Preternatural Calm? I don’t really see how this has anything to do with the void at all. Feels like the sort of thing any elven mage, even Night Elf/Nightborne would be capable of.

Things i am absolutely not okay with losing.

My name tag. My characters voice. His jokes/flirts. His racials.

But if they do do a merger, im sure they will find a way to keep all that stuff.

2 Likes

Herein lies the problem, I’m assuming the green eyes are a fel infection?

Fel and avoid mixing is not a good thing, Xul’horac is a good example of this

Actually hes a very very poor example.

Hes literally when you push the infusion of those powers to their limits. Hes too much. No regular use of those powers would ever cause that in any individual.

Void and Fel mix just fine… comparatively to other cosmic forces. (In fact in the general scheme of things mixing Light and Void isn’t that hard either.)

Oh look, ANOTHER “give Void Elves _______” thread.

3 Likes

Egads. Whatever will we do!

/s