Can we get rid of Slice And Dice?

I like SnD and am glad its back. It adds that little bit of complexity that makes Rogue interesting compared to something like Feral (unless talent for Savage Roar). I think it is a good idea.

5 Likes

I enjoy SnD. I am also wondering if anyone in this thread even plays Rogue because all of the “Haste on Finishers” suggestions already exist – it is called Alacrity.

6 Likes

If you enjoy SnD its 100% because you play outlaw. The ability works with that spec because of how its played. It does not work with the other 2 specs and should be removed entirely for them. No one asked for it.

3 Likes

The skill ceiling isn’t very high to begin with.

1 Like

If you feel SnD adds complexity or anything remotely engaging to playing a rogue, you’re doing it wrong.

12 Likes

As you can see, and read - not only Devs think that way :slight_smile:

Nope, thank you, I feel very good about SnD.

3 Likes

I only play Outlaw so take this however you may. I like SnD. There is nothing complex or engaging about it however, its simply a maintenance buff. But i like it a whole lot more than BtE maintenance.

I think part of this is because SnD is applied to the player and not the target.

/shrug

5 Likes

I play each spec (although Combat was my most recent stint). I like SnD on all of them. You can always choose to not spend your CPs on it, if it is truly as meaningless as you say. The fact, I think, is that it’s not meaningless and that’s the annoying bit.

If you can’t juggle timers and resources, the only design issue is that you don’t have a method to opt out. Lower skill and lower ramp should be a lower ceiling though.

5 Likes

They complained because you had to have it up to do at all okay damage, and holy power at the time took a lot longer to build than rogue combo points. Meanwhile frost DKs were building either for obliterate or howling blast spam and sailing past Ret who had a maintenance buff that took 20 seconds into combat to activate. It was really bad.

I disagree. I think people don’t like inq or SnD because you don’t see the damage happen.

Hitting Templars verdict or enven or envis does damage now.

I think their dislike is independent of how much damage it does. Just that you can’t feel it.

1 Like

I think SnD is a great idea. We’ve already had two expansions where SnD was absent, and they were the two worst expansions for Rogue design.

I can definitely feel the impact of SnD. On Subtlety and Outlaw it translates directly into higher energy regen, which equals higher dps and smoother gameplay. Assassination is the only spec where SnD doesn’t have an immediate, tangible impact, but that doesn’t bother me because I know it’s still working. I’m actually excited that I won’t have to take Cut to the Chase in DF because I genuinely enjoy what SnD does for my rotation.

SnD is great.

7 Likes

I feel the haste boost as well but I think that’s where people are coming from.

SnD does not buff Haste, it increase attack speed. These are are different stats.

2 Likes

Inq used to give haste. I wasn’t clear. But it is a similar buff.

I think it’s fine for Assassination. I think Outlaw and Sub though have so many buttons regularly in the mix now that they would be fine forgoing it.

I hated Roll the Bones as a finisher because I thought its benefits were way too strong relative to the effect of stat choices on gear and I thought it dominated far too much of the outlaw finisher action economy, but moving it to just being a buff with a cooldown really made it okay to deal with. Perhaps the trick for SnD would be to come up with good ways to sustain it outside of directly using it as a finisher for outlaw and sub, as a reward for playing the spec well.

2 Likes

I always liked it because it reminded me of Rey from the FotNS movie prepping his blue lines thing. I think making it not-a-finisher for sub would be amazing, something that procs or you’re able to pop on a long CD that’s super deadly. Could still relate to speed but amped up major.

1 Like

What if they met everyone halfway?
Make it so that your first finisher applies SND and then every finisher after that refreshes the duration for all specs?

?

2 Likes

I literally play the rogue in higher end content than you. Please stop. It adds nothing in terms of skill or flavor.

Its also clunky to press for sin and sub. Just doesnt flow with them. Talents like premed and cut to the chase are just a bandage and dont address why SnD sucks. It works with outlaw because of how outlaw is designed, to the point where outlaw even uses it in aoe.

You have the best solution. It most definitely shouldnt be a finisher.

I bet your folks are proud.

Participation in a particular content or not, I do play the game; I have an opinion on the matter; it is no less valuable of an opinion, regardless of participation. I understand you’re upset but your bitterness should be pointed toward something productive instead of your fellow players.

11 Likes

Playing the same game and your opinion bearing the same degree of validity are two very different things. And, no offense, but I can’t blame Xaethron for saying what they said- it doesn’t really look like you do much content on your Rogue.

5 Likes