Can we get rid of rez sickness?

You guys think way too deep for a video game, man. I’m not here to question life choices or stuff, I’m here to kill some mobs and gain some levels in something.

The only life choice I questioned when I was given a 10m debuff that stopped me from playing was “why am I still playing this game?” and then I went to a different game.

Rez sickness doesn’t need to exist.

4 Likes

It’s call having a sense of humor, you may want to see if you can purchase one off Amazon for a reasonable price. But the truth is, if you died some place you couldn’t recover your body and it wasn’t some kind of odd bug. You probably should use that 10 minutes to reconsider what stupid thing you were doing that lead to your situation.

3 Likes

How am I supposed to punish people in pvp who follow me somewhere dumb?

dont take to much what they say to heart, stuff happens in the nyc and nj area they have a saying hes busting your ball’s … But yea rez sickness does need to go imo…

So does daze imo

Sure it does… it’s a feature that’s been around for the life of the game and can do wonders for your blood pressure…hic!

I would not mind res sickness or corpse runs if I didn’t find myself unable to get to my body so often, especially in zones like Revendreth. I die, and my body is up high somewhere, and I’m down below at a spirit healer that is technically closer as the crow flies, but requires me to run halfway around a city to get back up to where I was.

I’d just settle for them giving us flying when dead, even if it is super slow flying, like normal speed or even less, just to allow us to get to our bodies when they want to make these jungle gym style zones.

That said, having played MMOs that don’t have corpse runs or res sickness, I don’t know why we even need this. It doesn’t make the game harder in any kind of challenging or meaningful way. It’s just an annoyance.

5 Likes

Oh I get it. I was just explaining what got me into this position, lol. Like I said, sometimes I do dumb stuff that leads to my character’s death.

I don’t normally mind the corpse run. But lately their landscapes have been unkind to corpse runs, and even though they’re rare, I’m reaching points where it’s just annoying to do. Especially if my body is in the middle of a mountainside.

Flying to my body would be cool too, some way to just bypass the frustrating landscape.

Folks are talking about reflecting on why I died, I know why I died, it’s usually because of a bad decision. But I’m not gonna take 10m to reflect on that, it doesn’t take 10m. I’m gonna just hop off and call it a day with WoW, lol.

Please explain. Rez sickness comes with the item durability. I’ve never seen an option to get rid of the debuff for further durability.

1 Like

When WoW was new, they got criticized that player death wasn’t punishing enough.

4 Likes

This isn’t 2004. Times have changed.

4 Likes

“Back in MY day, we used to huddle naked around the radio and listen to our weekly drama about Cowboy Glen and his horse while using the radio’s valves to keep us warm! These youth of today are so soft!”

4 Likes

The game code hasn’t.

1 Like

For the worse.

1 Like

That was all the Everquest whine babies

4 Likes

You’r right, I mistaken another game.

But next time just walk if you dont want the sickeness. Even fi you died from falling, usualy the range is wide enought o be able to resurect on the edge of the cliff.

K. I won’t disagree on some parts but whatever. I’ve been around since 2005. I know what the game was like and I’m a fan of many of the changes, and not a fan of others.

But the 10 mins of “don’t play” is a stupid debuff.

1 Like

Indeed. It should be an hour.

Literally just run back to your corpse. If you’re upset enough to take Rez sickness then logout for a bit.

Or just lazy. Very lazy.
But
cough cough I may be guilty of taking rezz sickness and just logging cause some zones are a pill to go retrieve yo’self.

1 Like

Or just don’t die. Lol I don’t know the last time I died out in the world.

Wednesday. :]