Can we get more LGBT+ Pride pins on the store?

That is actually a cool idea. I’ll stand behind something like that.

1 Like

Sounds like something I would purchase. They can put it right next to the pride ones!

They could release sets, Horde/Alliance leaders, or even touching scenes that come to life linking to the story.

It’s a really niche market, I only found out about them recently, but I think this could net them a lot of cash.

edit: Actually going to make a post about it! See where it goes.

1 Like

No it’s not. we need more fairy mogs. For one, they should bring back the wendigo woolies.

Yes, and to add to this, can we get more straight pride items as well, you know equality and that?

1 Like

What would that even look like? Pride is for everyone straight and heterosexual included. Straight pride doesn’t even make sense…

1 Like

Gay pride is for everyone? Even straight people? Those rainbows celebrate me?

You seem confused. Why can’t a person be proud to be straight, heck today a middle schooler almost needs to step out of the closet to be straight.

2 Likes

Same. That and it’s been coopted by incredibly narcissistic, obnoxious, toxic people who shove their beliefs in everyone’s faces.

3 Likes

I shouldnt have laughed at this.

…but I did. :yum:

Yes pride is for everyone. It represents more than just someone’s sexual preference.

And this idea would be no different really. It’s just simply flipping the script here and have it be “for Straight people, but Gay/Homosexual people are included too”.

Also, straight and heterosexual are the same thing, but whatever.

Straight Pride, in the same way how Gay Pride attempts to get rid of Homophobia, attempts to rid of Hetrophobia. I.E bigotry towards Straight People. And yes, hetrophobia does exist, though not as frequent as homophobia.

The point being that people felt the pride is excluding because of all the rainbows and such that make the LGBT look abnormal in the people’s eyes when the LGBT just wanted to be… ahem, normal and taken seriously… and how the pride are okay with people who are bigoted towards straight people (which… doesn’t hatred defeat the point of the pride existing then if the point of it is to stop hatred and unite people?.. ) despite the fact you’re saying “It’s for everybody, straight and heterosexual included”.

1 Like

I’d recommend checking out the history of straight pride to help you understand why it’s negative and has roots with certain organizations im not allowed to mention here. Not to mention support by certain extremist groups.

Straight ‘pride’ gives the same energy as ‘white pride’.

We know both of the groups that support these are both homophobic and racist respectively.

I’m going to respectfully disagree to an extent with this. Here’s why:

Every single movement or group in existence has their few extremists that somehow manage to do a fantastic job at destroying the image of their movement or group by either threatening any opposing viewpoint, or inciting violence. This includes Pride and non-Pride groups. It only takes one or two to ruin it for millions unfortunately :frowning:

The most we can do is press on and try to make it known to others that a very small extremist faction of the community does not represent the community as a whole. It’s hard though considering the extremist views can often be shouted very, very loudly above our own and make our community look terrible as a result. It sucks.

2 Likes

he won’t stop I believe he may be unwell so to speak. He seems to require a lot of attention from others regardless of the damage he’s actually doing to those he pretends to be.

2 Likes

wow that was nicely put and I agree!

1 Like

I think the only real criticism here is simply that if we open the door for one RL “identity” community, we would need to leave it open for all others for the sake of the diversity and inclusion that is being referenced for this being added in the first place.

There would be a precedent to need to add content for various ethnic group’s history months, religious group’s observations (not already filtered through a warcraft interpretation), health and neurodivergent statuses, etc. Etc.

Any time someone goes, “Well why aren’t we represented in game? That identity cluster is!” Will actually have a leg to stand on.

As this game exists as a fictional universe for the purposes of escapism, I would contend it is more inclusive to keep everyone’s personal identity qualifiers out of the game, rather than including them all. That doesn’t mean that queer characters can’t be added, as they already have, but including a celebration of pride month has a RL correlation that would open the door to other RL correlations that would be generally unwelcome by the community.

1 Like

I like rainbows just for being colorful. I have some rainbow items but i’m not gay. I think my family might think I’m hiding something

OK got it, however, not belonging to any group simply being proud to be straight or simply not gay, that would be fine? And being straight by it self is not a group. That is the vast majority of people on the planet.

Just posted.

2 Likes