Can we get gear system surveys?

Rather than dealing with people who bad faith argue or gatekeep troll what each and every person has to say, can we send out surveys or private a survey site that asks hard hitting questions?

The forums is unfortunately untenable for proper opinion sharing without people deliberately sabotaging discussion for one of many reasons, so we need a new venue to share feedback.

Edit: Usual forum suspects proving the point with victim blaming below. Not surprised.

5 Likes

so you want this
dealing with people who bad faith argue or gatekeep trolls but with extra steps?

1 Like

I guess they assume that the people that they disagree with won’t also get the survey.

5 Likes

Huh?

Surveys are one sided private anonymous input without someone screaming back at you in footnotes.

and surveys can be “bought” if a streamer tells their fans what to say surveys is not a good way to get feed back

4 Likes

This is a great point ^

Thats implying they would so that more whan what they currently already do to the normal forums.

Give me crit/mastery. Thx

2 Likes

Surveys need to be pretty comprehensive to result in any data with real insight. I doubt blizzard would put forth the money to pay for a proper survey.

I’ve seen this in other games, EQ did it a couple of times I think. But you have to be real specific about what questions should be asked, and people will just complain that their pet issue wasn’t included. If you want an open format, the game already has a built-in suggestions page. Although I guess it wouldn’t hurt if a box popped up reminding people to use it from time to time.

What they should do is make gear match the content people do again if anybody asks me.

No reason why people who can’t interrupt spells should have above raid level gear somehow!

Or even not push buttons at all really Lol

2 Likes

If it is like the report system then it gets ignored except for mass report bandwagoning.

Surveys with multiple choice bypass that and collate responses so they can actually be managed and interpreted accordingly by one person.

Yeah well if that is what you want then as somebody else said, it has to be comprehensive. To the point nobody will want to fill it out.

one single person is going to manage and interpret the data from hundreds of thousands (at least) of surveys?

The only people that blizzard/wow talks to
Concerning gear. Is my guess psychologist and how can we (wow/blizzard) Make it more addictive.

1 Like

A magnitude easier to manage than manually reading suggestions and reports filled out in game.

Do you think all reports and suggestions are read?

No, hence why this thread exists.

People are already keenly aware manually typed out stuff is not read.

So we can agree that what you’re suggesting is more work than the status quo.

Status quo is in a broken state and not giving proper feedback.