Can we get Cheat Death fixed so that it actually works?

This happens probably half the time. After cheat procs you’re supposed to go to 7% hp and get an 85% wall. As you can see, it proc’d at 0%, I stayed at 0%, and afterwards pennance hit just as hard as it hit beforehand.

Nobody cares if you think rogue is OP or not or if cheat death should be in the game. The point is that it is in the game and should actually work.

https://imgur.com/Mm7DzNa

1 Like

The only way to fix cheat death is to remove it.

18 Likes

When you reach zero hp in pvp, you should be dead. End of story.

It’s fine for pve, but in pvp all cheat death mechanics should not exist.

1 Like

not true. they could hot fix it so it procs and acts as its intended to

1 Like

They could also stop giving rogues a handicap.

6 Likes

maybe but they ain’t so the talent should work properly. Go complain about rogues or whatever class you don’t like on one of the other hundreds of posts about it.

1 Like

Cry me a river, you whiny little backstabber!!!

As if rogues don’t already have enough get-out-of-jail-free cards. Your class is practically built on cheating death, and now you’re throwing a tantrum because one of your countless survival tricks isn’t working exactly how you want?

Pathetic!!!

Maybe try learning to play instead of relying on overpowered abilities to save your sorry hide. With two vanishes coming next week, you’ll be even more of a coward. Do us all a favor and reroll to something that requires actual skill.

But they do exist. So they should function. Did nobody read the part where it said “Nobody cares if you think rogue is OP or not or if cheat death should be in the game”? I put that there because I knew it would get flooded with these useless comments if I didn’t. That’s not the point of this post. Go make your own post about cheat death mechanics if you don’t like them.

no. It’s working the same way it’s always worked.

Attacks that reduce you to 0 will instead reduce you to 7% means that if you have 25/100 health & get hit for 25, you’ll go to 7 health and start taking 85% reduced damage having avoided lethal. But if you have 25/100 health and get hit for 24, you’ll get hit for 24 and be at 1 health, *then assuming no heals the next thing to hit you for 1 or more will proc your cheat death, with you remaining at 1 health & taking 85% reduced damage from there on.

Cheat death has always been a dice roll ability. Suck it up.

Edit: If you’re new to rogue I apologize for the forward nature of my reply i haven’t had coffee yet.

it’s just how the ability works. Sometimes it’s an OP lifeline, other times you die like it didn’t exist.

Generally the more health we have the worse it performs as burst fails to get that spike that makes it proc in a favourable way. not a rule just a trend i’ve noticed playing rogue this whole time.

Edited again for clarity.

5 Likes

It’s not working at all. The game should function the way the game is designed to function. If there’s a talent in the game, it should work. Whether or not it should be in the game is another conversation that is not relevant to this post. It’s also not like it’s a baseline ability. It’s on a shared node with another talent, and like all talents you have to opt out of one to take another. So if they’re going to make this talent a choice to take, which they clearly are, then they need to make it work.

The community is ok with cheat death not working at times if they aren’t going to fix it (delchilling. Edit - Varick has described it is working properly, l2p.

Na I’m chillen.

1 Like

Can’t fix what aint broke. It’s never been a heal. From TBC prepatch to now, outside of the % of health it protects, its cooldown (used to be 90s lmao) how strong the mitigation is, it’s functioned the same way.

Actually in tbc prepatch it was RNG godmode, but that didn’t last long. Like 30% chance to 100% avoid lethal damage or something. no ICD.

2 Likes

I remember when they made it scale off resil

yea they’ve made a few changes to the protection it provides but the conditions with which it procs functionally is afaik identical.

there was a highlight in a khuna video where he blinded to bug the proc at 1% or something but I wasn’t ever able to figure out why it was consistent.

1 Like

Stronger response on this troll thread!

Hey can we get cheat death removed because rogue already has like 5 reliable off global self saves

2 Likes

what if they put it on a choice node with idk, something more tempting. Like Prep. Just as an example? Or would then mass feint be an issue again.

I can’t remember a time where rogues weren’t complained about in one aspect or another since legion. (or before tbf. but more loudly after.)

1 Like

I mean that’s sort of how it goes when one of the best classes is also so annoying.

3 Likes

True, but being that annoying is kinda literally the archetype that makes us powerful. Vicious cycle. They take away the annoying and we’ll just be some light armoured warrior.

I think most defensives in the game are off GCD at this point? I’d rather they focus on removing some of the more modern defensive bloats to the class rather than coming after a buggy hole ace in our pocket sleeve.

Cheat is a lot less stressful to deal with when killing rogues is more consistent from the starting point.

2 Likes

It depends on the type of annoying. Rogue having insane dmg and control is annoying but it’s what the class is. Rogue being unable to die however is a problem.

2 Likes