Can we get at least a sorry

Have you read any of blizzards communications about this launch?

You were also dealing with a much smaller base of users back then. Now you have a plethora of rose tinted gogglers who are piling into about the exact same number of servers as they had at launch after they’d hyped this for a year.

The hell did you expect was going to happen :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m afraid to look away from the monitor. Queue estimation keeps switching between 145 and 25 minutes…LITERALLY COULD BE ANY SECOND NOW!

Ever eat breakfast without blinking before? Now, I have!

2 Likes

“Much smaller base of users back then”

Wow’s subs were hovering between 14.5 million and 15 million between 2007-2010.

You know nothing.

1 Like

imagine having no telecom or network engineering experience whatsoever, and then getting mad that a company can’t handle a sudden influx of millions of active, database modifying, spontaneously acting, connections that require a ping of fractions of a second LOL

“but they couldve brought up more servers!” enjoy your dead server in 2 months

2 Likes

Wow’s subs were hovering between 14.5 million and 15 million between 2007-2010.

Dude what are you even talking about? That wasn’t on launch day ffs. Use some common sense. We aren’t talking about the entire time vanilla was live, we’re talking about launch day.

1 Like

2.5 at the end of vanilla, 12.5 at the end of wrath. I heard over 100 million all time.

I’m talking about launch day. Launch day of WotLK was undoubtedly higher than 10 million players and yes the Qs were never, ever this bad.

1 Like

Nah in this case blizzard should have stopped character creation on full realms to stop more people trying to pile into them ruining it for the people who where there first. This is on blizzard.

3 Likes

Ok but they brought up like twice as many after launch. They could have relesed some before launch. If they were ready to go why wait.

Fair enough. I may’ve misunderstood i’m a little frustrated right now. My apologies.

1 Like

Really? You think Blizz should give out free days because you had to wait in que to log onto the server?

Kid, that’s how it was for the longest time in this game, and if the server you’re trying to log onto has a 2 hour wait time then maybe you should try a lower pop server; it’s what I did and it took me all of 20 minutes to log in.

Or wait a month so that about half of the classic player base leaves because they realized that V1.0 wasn’t the Shangri-La they imagined it to be.

2 Likes

Never had a que, on any launch day i also was on the east coast so i can get the game early.

Why would you not blink? Once queue is over, you have plenty of time to log in.

I logged on when I got home. Was 4003 in line. Did laundry, took shower, took cat for a walk. Maybe took about an hour or so and I was in.

Hell, once you’re in, it saves your spot for a bit in case you have to log out or get disconnected. I had to do that a few times.

I am sleep deprived and very frustrated so I totally understand where you are coming from. No need to apologize.

1 Like

4-6 hours at 11:30am =/= 2 hour peak traffic

Gross logic

1 Like

It’s really cringey to refer to strangers you don’t know on the internet as “kid”. I was a “kid” during vanilla.

1 Like

Moving to a new realm is no guarantee of avoiding a queue. You’re gonna get them even on Westfall and Old Blanchey, which is what I got. The good thing was the queue was not as long, about 30 minutes. I’ve heard horror stories about queues being 5 hours long. I’d rather play Modern WoW over waiting that long and would try again after the hype train pulled out of the station.

Launch day for wrath was litterally 4 years after vanilla. They had time to sort this crap out by adding more servers and adding phasing.

And Classic didn’t have a 10 million player launch.

Did I ever say that classic had 10 million players at launch? God you guys are so obnoxiously stupid with nearly zero reading comprehension skills. Good god.

1 Like