Can we get account wide ignore?

I disagree with this. The thing that’s keep us from having a true discussion is the fact that Madelke and some others will claim they have data to support things but never share the data, will blatantly contradict themselves and ignore it if you ask them to explain, and generally ignore any points that are made.

They claim to want a discussion, but are actively avoiding having an honest one. They have done this many times across several threads.

You absolutely can have your own topic on it and reporting or flagging it will do nothing to stop it as long as the discussion is in good faith. The thread that Nelfas created was unlisted and a community manager told Nelfas that they were just as at fault as anyone else was for that thread getting shut down.

15 Likes

Yes, though that only works if people in the thread don’t call doing so ‘derailing it’.

Nope, because if that were true than many others would be.

1 Like

This may be a relic of prior to the bluepost’s direction to concatenate overall forum change requests to here. Old habits, as they say.

yeah if this thread is the default forum improvement suggestion thread, then i would like to suggest that there should be more moderators who deal with behavior that is against the Code of Conduct.

Do you think that flagged posts are not getting looked at properly or that moderators are letting flagged posts slide when they should have been actioned?

3 Likes

You do realize the actions that cause a person to flag a person are determined by the person doing the flagging . Some times mods restore the flag posts sometimes they don’t . But they do recognize that person doing the flagging has their own reasons for doing so even if they don’t agree.

4 Likes

Right, like the name attached to a post being their reasoning.

1 Like

I hope we’re not about to get into allegations of targeted flagging.

7 Likes

Maybe their past actions are the reason the yconstantly get flagged ?

You know the expression when everyone else has a problem with you (you in the general term ) maybe you should step back and realize the problem isn’t everyone else the problem is you .

3 Likes

Or their perceived actions, or the accusation that they’re another poster they disliked previously… Like I said, their reasoning being the NAME attached to the post rather than the post itself.

1 Like

Yes, people can also flag a post if they find the name innapropiate too. But that is for Blizzard to fully decide if it does violate, not the player. And Blizzard won’t punish anyone for being wrong, as it could discourage players from doing the right thing.

4 Likes

Like I said earlier

As for accusing some people well some times people are right and sometimes they are wrong but let me clue you in on something .

People don’t change how they post in here when they change toons. They may want people to think they are another person but they keep on doing the same things they did on previous toon with the new toon they are posting with .

Now I’ve gotten to the point where I will say so and so poster reminds me of a certain other poster but will stipulate that I can neither confirm or deny .

So is my saying I think a person posting may be another posting on another toon an accusation or an opinion ?

1 Like

I like turtles.
:turtle:

6 Likes

A turtle made it to the water!

6 Likes
3 Likes

Wasn’t referencing that, just that a couple users seem to target specific people with flags while no one else gets any at all - even if they both basically post the same thing and the same tone.

2 Likes

As I was saying earlier, just ignore them and don’t engage with them. Don’t let anything here, this includes towards myself as well, but don’t let anyone think that flagging is going to get you upset. Just show them, “meh, I don’t care.”

If Blizzard does find any suspected activity within the reports where they noticed a specific pattern, then they’ll take action. But don’t let any of the flags get to you.

8 Likes

i don’t believe you are supposed to flag someone’s new post simply because you didn’t like previous posts of theirs.

the proper position is to look at the post in question - if that post breaks the code of conduct, then flag that post.

Like I said people flag based on their own opinions , that is why unless people are using alts to add to the flagging nothing is realy done because Mods understand it is done based on what the person flagging perceives as being flaggable .

2 Likes

I forgot this existed
Thank you for reminding me of this gem