Can we get account wide ignore?

Specifically, I was referring to the person in question complaining about posts being flagged and removed as opposed to discussing AWI.

An option that can only be a net boon to the forums for all of the reasons you propose in addition to how it would force users to elevate their posting if they want to avoid being ignored by others.

1 Like

wasn’t i just told that forum suggestions (i believe moderation could be included) should be in this topic instead of making another? do you want me to make my own topic or not? this is what im talking about lol

they do if they deleted or restore it. u don’t kno until then which is dumb

I still think Blizzard should bring back “downvotes” but without the hiding function when downvotes get high. Some people use flags as downvotes, when they should only be used for CoC infractions.

3 Likes

I think they were talking about the discussion between me and Moondoggie. :dracthyr_shrug:

2 Likes

what did she mean when one report doesn’t surface?

BAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yes, okay, okay… I needed a good laugh, it is good to see that the story had a happy ending after all. Though unsurprisingly there was a Karen-level response in the unlisted topic, but the forums and the WoW community are better off without such things.

1 Like

The way you were discussing it came across as whataboutism; an attempt to move the conversation away from the topic at hand to something else. If that was not your intent then I apologize.

Good morning!

Daily support for account wide forum stuff.

I’ll have some :coffee: please, thank you.

:slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

You know I am a coffee girl :coffee:

4 Likes

no worries

if vrak didnt say to p much post here i’d prolly talk less abt other stuff bc he seems to be wanting to shift all forum stuff here which is fair im okay with it but at the same time it’s kinda ehhh since i dont think op’s intentions was to make this a “general forum suggestion” topic but we’ve come to see any other forum related post circle back into this one so i dunno. ard’s forum suggestion got reported, if i said anything esp abt moderation improvements i’d be the new forum enemy and reported for days lol.

This topic is pretty much the default “I want the forum software and design changed” thread. That seems to be the way they prefer it, and it does keep all the forum design suggestions in one place.

Moderation is a different thing than forum software design. However, there really is not much to be gained by making a thread about it. There is nothing feedback wise that they don’t already know. There is also nothing we can suggest that they can actually DO. More person power is certainly needed for consistent and timely moderation but that would require budget and hiring. Something out of the control of the folks who do the moderation.

There are no “WoW” mods for example. The Mod folks handle every single Blizzard forum, usually based on flagged posts. They just can’t have eyes in hundreds of sub forums at once. Some things get missed. Some things get dealt with fast or even before reported if a Mod is around and reading. Those Mods are not 24/7 and have other tasking in addition to Moderation.

Yeah, not perfect. I would say that it has been a bit better though in the past few months. More active, more explanations, more timely. Sort of cracking down on some of the nastier comments and trolling.

5 Likes

posting in topics like could help. its getting really hard to find sources a lot
bc things are posted in so many topics. it just gets lost. or maybe if a blue
posted here in this megathread or give a verbal warning. like have more presence.

also i dont think messing around the forums codes itself is free either.
could be a number of things of why things arent getting done.

No, it is not. Changing the WoW forum code back to what it was, to match the rest of the forums would not be free.

It requires a proposal to the Blizz mgt., funding identification and approval. Requirements documentation and document development. Approvals to solicit a bid from the contractor, solicitation of bid to Discourse company, approval of received bid, establishment of a project schedule and timeline, work stages and approvals, testing, and eventual forum deployment.

They have an established relationship with the contractor, but there is still always a lot of back end contract and project stuff that goes on and takes a long time. IF they approve changes and funding to do it.

I suspect the relative ammount of actual work and/or funding would be trivial given that it’s performing a relatively minor code alteration. Getting approval if the forums aren’t owned by blizzard as opposed to a third party would be the only real hold up.

Assumptions like these tend to not end well for anyone. Unless you work on the code yourself, and have in depth knowledge of the Discourse architecture, changes made to the WoW forums to deviate from that, and what it would take to revert and modify that…best not to assume it is trivial.

I am sure you would not want someone walking into your professional space and just waving a hand and saying “just do X, it is trivial”. Meantime you are sitting there going “you have no idea…”.

2 Likes

One thing we can confirm it is a slow process. If I was to put myself into Blizzard’s shoes, I think they still want to keep the aesthetics of posting from our characters, as the forums has always done, but wanting to find solutions on things that people shouldn’t off being able to do in the first place to patch it up, such as using alts to mass flag as an example. We know that change would be coming, but it is just a slow process. It is one of those, “wait and see.” It does not mean nothing is coming, and it does not mean it should’ve happened by now.

But still good to keep this topic open in regards to some of the forum suggestions. Speaking of which, I was planning on creating a suggestion thread in Website Bug Report on making Imgur marked as a safe site for the forums, just like how they have done with YouTube and Twitter.

2 Likes

You’re right. I’m not a programmer. But I know enough that this would be a relatively simple change to the system’s code (it’s basically removing a bunch of true false switches and replacing them with a new one) that could be done in an afternoon and for which the upsides are many.

No, you don’t know that. Neither do I. Neither does anyone who is not actually working on the project.

It is NOT a few flags to change the structure of the forums and how it treats characters as accounts, how it handles trust levels, post count, post history, etc.

I mean, if they wanted to just wipe all the forum content and start over with us on Bnet accounts like the rest of the forums, that WOULD be fast. I agree, but if they want to do anything else, like keep our characters as avatars, keep trust levels, keep post history - then that is NOT a simple process.

I will never fathom how people can look at something that is not their profession, and that they don’t have personal knowledge of, and assume it is trivial.

Just remove the tumor, it is a few snips here, a cut there! Trivial!

3 Likes

I humbly disagree.

Well maybe each of those people have their reasons for using their flags on some and not others.

Maybe the actions of those constantly getting flagged are the reason they are getting flagged and those that are not are not giving reasons for others to flag them .

2 Likes