Can we get account wide ignore?

Strawman. That assumes I and others here back such a decision. So now that I have to clearly state my own opinion, here is my suggestion:

• Add “Ignore as character” as replacement for current ignore functionality; it behaves as current ignore does
  • Add “Ignore as account” as additional option; my suggestion would be to not implement registering your battletag in someone’s block list if you are ignored in such way, instead choosing to show - at most - the character you chose that level of ignore on
6 Likes

No it would not. You can still post on any character you want. How ignores are applied does not change this

10 Likes

but you have neglected to discuss the ways in which the other Blizzard forums have suffered in regards to a unified account posting system.

Take the Diablo forums for example - Diablo has evolved since its original creation and now allows players to change transmog, etc.

Players have individual diablo characters and i believe the Diablo forums would greatly benefit from a posting system that involves individual characters.

For example, if a player on the diablo forums wants to discuss class changes to barbarians, it would be better if they could post from their barbarian character to show that they understand the class.

But they cannot do that, they are forced to post from a generic account, unable to show off their prowess for any given class.

So i would argue that instead of changing the wow forums to be like the Diablo forums, we need to do the opposite and make the diablo forums function exactly as the wow forums - give players the ability to post from their characters and it would create a lot more lively conversation in the diablo forums.

Oh oh oh my turn.

Sunk cost fallacy.

They invested too much time and money into their arguments that at this point they can’t stop.

3 Likes

Genetic fallacy again, with a bit of post hoc ergo propter hoc? It’s tough to tell. You’re invoking and implying the colloquial definition of insanity, based on prior instances, and there is no way to substantiate that the same or worse would occur when we’re in the hypothetical stage.

5 Likes

I lost my marbles does that count in something?

2 Likes

As long as you don’t talk to yourself!

Giggles

(Yes I switched characters just for a pun)

4 Likes

And you believe this because…?

1 Like

I caution you to expect little more than an argument rooted in logical fallacy.

3 Likes

Is it bad I giggle every time I see the word fallacy?

4 Likes

I don’t know… are you thinking of a phallacy?

3 Likes

Oh… oh dear… I didn’t know it would actually let you put that.

1 Like

I mean it is punny…

3 Likes

lol it is but uh… anyway

2 Likes

:newspaper_roll: :wolf:
:newspaper_roll: :fox_face:

5 Likes

Great, now my brain won’t stop thinking about all these fallaciously scandalous implications.

ಠ⁠_⁠ʖ⁠ಠ

3 Likes

Because they want to keep switching characters so they can evade ignores. There’s no other reason to be against account-wide ignores.

5 Likes

I choose both.

6 Likes

Well, it’s clearly one of the most logical conclusions. Maybe not the only reason, but I’d say it would be the strongest of all possible.

1 Like

¿Por que no los dos?

2 Likes