Growls

No use newspaper.

3 Likes

Just 30 hours 52 minutes. Just a little light reading

1 Like

Careful, they’ll come back with more made up articles

2 Likes

why do you think that is?

Not all forums use characters. Not all forums have an ignore feature instead of a block.

so there is something unique about the wow forums, then, right?

since wow forums use characters, yes?

You’ll find there is other forums from other MMO’s that also uses characters, but everything within the forums is tied to the actual account. WoW Forums is unique currently with the system on how much people can abuse the system because we aren’t treated like we’re on the account, but we know change is coming. It is just a matter of time.

7 Likes

At least it isn’t like the fallout no mutants allowed forums.

There’s a section that shows who is browsing the website and what topics and I don’t think there’s a report button.

1 Like

and i think it is very important that the wow forum remains that way and stays unique.

Sounds like it uses unmodified Invision Power Board or potentially phpBB…

3 Likes

Yeah. I don’t know if tons of other forums have an ignore feature like this one instead of a two-way block.

Erm whatever that mumbo jumbo is :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m a bit old-hat regarding some forum experiences I’ve had. Both had a thing that showed online users and where they were, if I’m recalling correctly.

3 Likes

something that we need to discuss before providing support for account wide ignore is that the wow forums have been designed to post from our characters for a reason - because WoW is an immersive MMORPG and those characters provide an important link to that immersive world.

Seem to didn’t be an issue before the forums got updated to using the current forums today…

Oh wait, you never played that long, so you wouldn’t even know.

1 Like

Ok I want to ignore all of them when they belong to stalkers and harassers.

4 Likes

Not sure if the genetic fallacy applies re: the recent post about intentional design as an immersive forum. Even if it were, should it not adapt as time marches on, and improve? Keep in mind that we are also in a time where it is relatively easy to roll up and get new alts going, compared to less alt-friendly times.

Immersive or not, the ability to choose to ignore a player is not a risk to that immersion, nor is it undue to the person being ignored.

4 Likes