Can we get account wide ignore?

Depends, I’m fine with posting opposing opinions to people whom post foul things. Posts about racism, homophobia, glorifying crime and putting pineapple on pizza.

2 Likes

Why jump to the minimal, outlying percentage of people as an example for the entire community? Sounds like they got you. :frowning:

I mean, if there was a wow Court, we’d have longer lines than the DMV before covid. That said, I only made that comparison simply because the ignore function is similar to the online equivalent to a restraining order, not going to jail but not allowed to interact witg someone. Reports, on the other hand, would be the online equivalent to trying to get someone sent to forum jail.

1 Like

The people who spam report do it on purpose, will never admit to it, and gaslight you into thinking you’re out of line. Never let them silence you, their moms will cut off their WoW subs eventually.

1 Like

And we would be right back at where we were without that checkbox…because it’s a pointless addition is exactly what I am saying. There is no case I can come up with where anyone would voluntarily go into that pool. I just think it’s a total waste of time.

Do the account wide ignores and see if anyone asks for that, if they do maybe, but I doubt it.

Account wide ignores first then tackle the flagging issue. Right now the only way to deal with a character hopper messing with you is to flag and hope for a an account ban or block up to 60 characters as they come up.

Deal with that first then look at flags and I think you have something. Small moves.

1 Like

Blizzard gave us 5 more slots to play with, and don’t forget WoW classic character alts.

2 Likes

Exactly, but some of these against accountwide ignores fail to think things like that through.

The opt out idea was originally put forth as a compromise by one against the accountwide ignores. I was doing nothing but “ok, you want that, you are removed from those that don’t opt in, so make yoru chocie, opt-in and be visible to all and accept that people will ignore you or opt out and be stuck with those like you”.

Yeah but I didn’t think that went live yet, not sure but doesn’t really matter…ridiculously high number to block is the point.

1 Like

Understood, I am just saying…it makes no sense and anyone requesting an opt out is not doing it in good faith. That is the whole issue with all of this. One side is not making good faith arguments they are just trying to win the debate via trollish behavior and multi character posting.

1 Like

People can create infinity characters just by create, post, delete, wash, rinse and repeat. All the characters have to be is level 10. Allied races are automatically level 10 and Dracthyr are automatically level 58. Classic dk’s already level 55 now meeting having a already level 55 character requirement to make.

another viable compromise is that blizzard creates an entire new forum that has account wide ignore and leave this one as it is.

anyone who wants account wide ignore can go to the new thread and those that don’t can stay here.

everyone has a choice.

This is the short list as why I do not ignore anyone. I would rather call out egregious behavior, like pineapple on pizza, than to ignore it and move on. The rest I just flag.

1 Like

Agreed, but for the future, if you see ideas like I posted from me, they are not meant to be taken seriously by those arguing in good faith. I do post ideas that are meant to be serious, but ones like that are more likely ones to expose those not arguing in good faith.

1 Like

What’s your point? My point is even without doing that it’s ridiculous…so what’s the point of pointing out that there are ways to be more ridiculous?

I can respect that. I do a bit of both. I run in circles for a while and see how it goes and point out the fallacies for the rest of the people on the forum…ie arguing for the audience not the debaters. Then I ignore if they get too silly or won’t drop it. Everyone is different and everyone should have the options that are good for them.

Dev resources dictate that we only add things that will be used and everyone can’t get everything. So start at the most requested and go from there. Not that hard or complicated but people like to muddy waters.

2 Likes

Not going to explain again to you. The real compromise to account wide ignores is just create another BNet account for the soul purpose of using the forums, and paying the money to keep the subscription active to post on the forums.

There is no other option. Then that way, we can ignore you as the person, and you don’t have to expose your account.

4 Likes

Really? Implementing an account wide ignore feature is a waste of Blizzard’s time but they could make an entirely new forum instead? Pretty sure that would involve far more work.

17 Likes

Just another example of what the ones against accountewide ignores will think of in order to keep doing what htey want to do.

In this case, if Blizzard wants to, I’d suggest killing these forums and making new ones, the new ones making it so you can’t sign up to pots unless yo uagree to accoiunt wide igmnores, people would still have a choice, but some need to realize that sometimes the choces are bad or at least one is,

3 Likes

I have no concerns about being silenced, I’m also not really bothered if someone chooses to ignore me for whatever reason. I would only be offended if they try arguing with me without actually listening to my side of the argument, in which case I rather be ignored than to go in circles.

1 Like