Can we get account wide ignore?

The issue is that you don’t by default know who is opt-in and who is opt-out.

an opt-out option for account wide ignores would really be best suited to satisfy everyone without alienating anyone.

1 Like

Locking them away in their own little asylum would be a great idea.

1 Like

It literally defeats the purpose.

1 Like

I am talking about making the nature of the system be that anyone that opts out is more or less prevented from being seen by those that opt in whenever they post. No need to add them to an ignore list or anything just a simple binary “opt out=true, only seen by others that opt out, opt out=false, can be seen by everyone”.

1 Like

Make it so anyone who opts-out of account-wide ignore does so permanently with their whole account. They then get shunted off so they can only interact with other opt-out people.

1 Like

ooh

Better.

When you opt out it sets every other account to ignore for you so the entire forum comes across as an empty void.

1 Like

sure that would be perfectly fine

we could also do the opposite.

everyone who opts-out would automatically ignore everyone who opts-in.

i like that idea.

Lets not go too far, even the ones that troll deserve the opportunity for some human (if they can count as such) interaction, just imo better to give them the kind they want.

Nah, they’re trolling, especially when they have done it themselves, exclusively to these threads. I mean, most of their post count is within these threads.

1 Like

It’s the way that they posted, it manages to make it impossible to be entirely sure.

they should make it when u ignore someone they just dont
pop up at all. i think when ppl ignore it shows them shadowed
like a reported/flagged person so u can still click their comments.
just make them not pop up at all lol.

1 Like

And on this we agree. It is always tempting to see what lies behind the curtain but it is rarely good.

2 Likes

I, personally, wouldn’t mind a faction ignore.

I kid!

An opt-out feature for an anti-harassment measure is a big red flag, regardless of how it is sorted or displayed. It is the equivalent of saying a restraining order is only a restraining recommendation.

The idea I presented is more let them opt out, but they can only be seen by others that also opted out. I’d rather there not be an opt out, but if these people want it so bad, let them have it just make it so the rest of us don’t deal with them at all.

1 Like

yeah but lots of people in this thread have said things like “oh but i want to be able to read their messages because maybe i want to decide to not ignore them anymore” or something along the lines of “oh but i need to be able to unhide their messages so that i can report them”

just ignore the person and be done with it, no need to interact with them or their posts anymore, right?

I wish Demon Hunters couldn’t ignore. They claim to sacrifice everything, sacrifice the ignore :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

jokes.

1 Like

Does this mean we would have to go to in-game wow court?

I think they could add a couple options to the ignore feature as well. Something along the lines of character ignore or account ignore, ignore for a day, have a reason why you’re ignoring as in they are trolling to see if there is a pattern of behavior that skirts the rules but doesn’t necessarily cross it, abusive, threats, Alliance, etc. If they are going to overhaul this then let’s overhaul this. That or set it so we post on our btag’s

Gru#1415

I do admit that I am a hopeless and hopefully harmless forum troll.

1 Like