Can we get account wide ignore?

Or we can simply be done with a poster in their entirety without them being able to flip to an alt.

If anything it would elevate the level of discourse on the forums; been to quite a few that don’t allow for alts and the people are a lot more respectful that’s for damn sure.

3 Likes

There also doesn’t need to be behavior as dramatic as something that could and should get someone tossed from the forums going on to ignore someone.

People should be able to ignore someone for any reason. They’re only affecting and limiting what they personally see, so all they’re doing is curating their own experience. There’s three people that I have on ignore not because they’ve necessarily espoused heinous views (although one has trolled the LGBTQ+ megathread and is still around, showing how moderation won’t completely eject someone for terrible views right off the bat, and one accused a victim of harassment telling them to uninstall life of making their story up) but because they annoy me. And I don’t want to feel compelled to argue with their bad faith arguments, I don’t want to hear from them.

I don’t want to hear them in a box, I don’t want to hear from them when they are a fox. I don’t want to hear from them here or there, I don’t want to hear from them anywhere. For whatever reason I want.

Me putting someone on ignore doesn’t mute them for the entire forum, no one is being restricted from anything but access to my eyeballs. And I should be able to do that no matter what character they’re on currently without having to re-ignore them whenever they spin up a new alt.

6 Likes

i don’t really agree.

my position on the subject is that account wide ignores really wouldn’t change anything here on the forums, so i don’t see the purpose of implementing it.

I have always hated this word. Lately it is used to define other things than what it means.

What do we gain by not having them?

8 Likes

It can be, but I’ll definitely say the example I made fits the bill - not saying that you’re saying it’s not, btw.

2 Likes

I don’t really care.

If you don’t believe it would change anything then you’re opposition to it has no merit.

5 Likes

but it would be a waste of blizzard’s time and resources to implement a change on the forum that isn’t necessary, correct?

instead of implementing account wide ignores, blizzard could spend those resources on implementing other changes that would have a positive impact on the forums, correct?

1 Like

I’m not talking about you. You’re a cute little foxie that can do no wrong in my book. I formed that opinion just now.

1 Like

Do you think that different characters have different opinions aside from the person that is posting on them? One account, one person posting, one level of ignorance.

5 Likes

the blue post in customer service did say that it isn’t very common for people to switch alts for the purpose of engaging in sock puppetting, though.

1 Like

Which is also against the rules and another reason to have account wide ignore.

3 Likes

but if you believe someone is engaging in sock puppetting, you can report their posts and the moderators will take action if needed under the current system - you don’t need an account wide ignore to report a post like this.

1 Like

It would probably take an afternoon for an admin to change it up and the forums might be down for half an hour. In return though, it would probably cut down on the sheer amount of work the mods need to do in the meantime since players would need to engage in a more respectful, less troll manner or risk getting ignored across multiple characters.

1 Like

They’ve said before that account-wide ignore would lead to people paying money to purchase additional subscriptions to continue harassing people.

So they think it’s very likely that people will spend $15 a pop to keep bothering people, but very unlikely that someone will make a completely free character to keep bothering people.

3 Likes

How would you know? It’s not like we have a way to track a player’s characters, like we used to. Then there are people like me that have characters with very different names. Also, what if there is more than one yahoo making comments that no one should have to read?

I can’t remember the name of the app I used to have. Regardless, I believe we should have to post under our battle ID.

Mine is Gru#1415.

2 Likes

Why of course you don’t.

We all see how you are and your intentions and it is quite disappointing.

5 Likes

That’s one way to just throw money away and that is a lot of hate you have to have in you.

2 Likes

This seems like a golden opportunity for them to make money.

2 Likes

i havent seen any evidence that confirms this is the proper cost of changing the forums to have account wide ignore.

the blue post in Customer Support has stated this.

do we, as forum users, have the ability to track player’s alts and confirm they are or are not sock puppetting? no we do not.

but blizzard does.

blizzard can see the accounts of every poster and all of the characters associated with it.

and that is more than enough to ensure people don’t engage in this behaviour - we don’t need forum users running around and making accusations which they cannot prove.