Can we get account wide ignore?

Yeah it was strange.

I was reading a now unlisted thread last night and it was just going in a massive loop over and over and over.

I forget what style of discussion disruption it is, but it’s not productive in the slightest.

3 Likes

Call it “hitting all the switches” on the tracks of the conversation.

3 Likes

The thing is, account wide ignore’s would be a moot issue for reporting technical issues since no one involved in that kind of discussion is going to turn around and infer that you deserve to have your game brick when the cinematic for the boss plays before the fight because you’re alliance/horde/furry/gay/liberal/fundamentalist/confuscist.

What it would do, is pull the teeth out of the persistent trolls that crop up and think we need to have another thread about how unloved the alliance is by blizz or how it’s time for highelves or how asmongold totally said a thing and everyone just has to hear about… all posted on some level 10 throw away account.

5 Likes

Oh no not the bald man threads ><

Don’t even know exactly what you reference, and I’m already cringing.

1 Like

just because you don’t want to discuss a topic doesn’t mean that other people should be precluded from discussing it.

high elves are an important topic for many people here who use the forums.

One thing I do agree and should be added to the Code of Conduct is people mis quoting one another.

For example:

“Fixed that for you.”

Sorry fuzz, hope you didn’t mind being an example.

Also the person I have on ignore should have their quotes as “ignore content” when quoted from other posters.

Example:

Sorry once again fuzz, I find it just weird if I quoted myself.

I believe a few things need to be added to the Code of Conduct and updated as well., if Blizzard does not want to make these changes, make alt hopping not allowedand against CoC in a discussion. Also add a harassment report flag to the list of reasonings why a post is flagged.

But I still wish for account wide ignore to happen.

2 Likes

On the contrary, but the person can still discuss it! The people that are uninterested will simply not see the thread as it comes about.

8 Likes

Heres the thing though: by giving us the ability to do account wide ignore those of us who have seen a poster make a thread about high elves that goes nowhere because it’s a settled issue and has been for some 9 expansions as far as blizzard is concerned Posters like myself would be in a position to never see the thread and wouldn’t be baited into reiterating the many, many reasons why high elves being added is a stupid move.

5 Likes

Oh it’s all good :slight_smile:

I do like fox cookies… FUZZ BISCUITS!

4 Likes

That sounds like it would be a boon to the people continually posting these threads, as well. They wouldn’t have to keep going back and forth with the same people, over and over, and might have an easier time of winning over others. Assuming that is what they’re actually trying to do, of course.

2 Likes

Alternately there is so little engagement it just get’s forgotten about.

Because the reason those threads balloon is because people point out how there is precisely one reason to add them (a bunch of players want them) and many reasons not to (we have too many elves already, their lore sucks, they don’t provide any new perspective to the alliance ect, ect, ect.)

1 Like

And in a way we do have them already… just… a bit void-touched but still good?

3 Likes
2 Likes

Did you forget what alt you are posting on?

10 Likes

it never ends lol

5 Likes

Lol I think they might have.

2 Likes

you can just choose to not enter the thread, though.

you don’t need account wide ignore to stop yourself from entering a thread you do not want to discuss.

1 Like

We need an account wide ignore to stop people such as yourself bypassing ignores to troll the forums. What part of that do you not understand?

16 Likes

“Nuh uh!”

giggles

6 Likes