Can we get account wide ignore?

So, to be clear, are you both saying account-wide ignore isn’t good enough, and you want Battletags as well, because you want to be able to know, specifically, who somebody is that you’ve blocked, and you’re not fine with just automatically blocking someone’s alts?

I should add, I think the OP mentioned before that this thread was only about account-wide ignore, not battletags, so discussing it here might be seen as off-topic.

No, it is not what I am saying, I am happy for there to be account wide ignores, but the forums would need the account for the ignore, and treats the characters as the account, rather than the BNet account as the account.

4 Likes

Fuzz brain tired.

Everyone love everyone or something.

7 Likes

I’m for Account-wide Ignores, i think my like to OP and the fact i’ve mention this on my Btag threads is proof enough, i just think this is a pretty glaring downside that nobody has thought of.

How would i know, that i’ve blocked the account, and not the character without trying to figure it out? I mean shouldn’t it be a done and done case? No complications?

It’s kind of why i’m not too wholly into the alt ideas instead of BTags. It just seems to be designed specifically and only to please the other side, at least that’s what it looks like to me. I just rather it copy what Diablo, Overwatch 2 and Herostorm forums did.

Very least, the current ignore system, (while, not good) still leaves no confusion on who ya ignore on a char/server base level.

/gives Fuzz a large fluffy pillow.

Have a nap if needed.

5 Likes

I’m working I’m going to after work

3 Likes

The existence of a work around, to get around a block, does not mean there is not a block.

That being said, in this context and for the purposes of calling out someone who said “I like the way the game block works”. FIne, I am all for the forums blocking anyone that is not on my friends list, when I block them on the forums servers.

All in all it is just something else Blizzard needs to work on. The fact that people jump through those hoops to attack and annoy people shows we need stronger protections, not that we need less on the forums.

So thanks for supporting the side that we need strong simple account wide blocking across all the platforms together. If you block a person in a community you should be protected from them completely.

2 Likes

if someone actually gets around a battle net or character block, it’s adviced to not interact with said person, block again, and open a GM ticket with time frames and screencaps (if necessary).

That is considered ongoing harassment and they take that very seriously. :slight_smile: least for in game anyway.

Forums it’s a thing of “oh they can post on whatever they want to” as far as I’m aware but idk. I think it can be considered ongoing if someone keeps blocking and blocking and it goes from there. Idk

2 Likes

You said this earlier, though.

And this to me, sounds like you’re agreeing wlth Bari, that we strongly need Battletags, and that having just account-wide ignores, isn’t good enough unless we have Btags as well. Granted I support Battletags anyway.

1 Like

The irony.

:laughing:

You came in 15k posts to post that?

3 Likes

It seems so.

You are, indeed, very very late to the party.

1 Like

:ok_hand:

Side-note: can I get a dab emoji?

AH I looked. Dang it.

I am surprised we don’t have a dab emoji.

1 Like

What do you mean “you looked”? You put me on ignore?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Hopefully it all comes with TWW

2 Likes

No no like the whole hand gesture thing is where people are like “hey hey look at this” and you look and it’s like "I’VE BEEN DUPED!’

Look up the
“made you look hand gesture” on google you’ll see what I mean.

2 Likes