Can we get account wide ignore?

We need account wide ignore to contain the T virus.

7 Likes

Well, we need mods to be more willing to move posts that belong in off-topic to off-topic.

2 Likes

At this point, I’m pretty sure the t-virus has multiple accounts based on my investigation into his alts that he isn’t aware I know of. So account wide ignore wouldn’t affect him that much unfortunately. That being said, it would at least block his dedicated troll accounts. So there’s that.

4 Likes

True on that front.

Yeah but then when they use the same one to make like 10 other ones like they were before, least all I gotta do is put em on ignore once and be done with it.

Honestly… it’s just getting old.

3 Likes

It’s $15 dollars per account sub, I think Blizzard should require people to have the current expansion to post here it’ll mean more money for them. I think free trials shouldn’t be allowed to post to begin with. If newcomers need help, they can use the chat channels provided for them in game.

Whack an account would be easier then playing whack an alt.

1 Like

An alternative that I’d be ok with is a combo of requiring a character to be level cap of the previous expansion to post (except hero classes in the expansion they are introduced in, those have to be cap), and only allowing characters to post in the GD for the game that they are located in (retail for retail, Wrath for Wrath, etc.)

Unsubbed accounts can not post on the Discussion forums like this one. They can only post on the Support forums. That limits the trolling from those. I would not want that removed - when someone can’t get into game at all, can’t get the account set up correctly, has payment issues, etc - it helps to be able to ask how to get support.

To post here they already need an active sub on each game license they want to use. Of course, they can use gold to do that so some people find it easy to fund multiple licenses with hundreds of chars.

The level of a posting char should not really have to matter. I have used Mira to post as MVP since 2013 and I don’t play her to speak of. She is a bank alt. I just want the chars all linked to ONE Bnet which solves the whole issue of new alts. Ignore them all with one Ignore.

4 Likes

As well as combine the multiple threads on single topics into one thread as well as not letting mewer threads on a topic get posted if one is say made while another is active or less then 60 days in active .

Ok to make it simple if say some one makes a new tails for worgen thread they are either directed to the older one if it is active or less then 60 days inactive and can post there. If over 60 days they get to make their new thread.

Just an idea to cut down on the clutter of multiple threads on the same topic.

I want to actually agree with this one Mirasol, but actually, this is not entirely 100% accurate. Can post from a starter account, assuming that you have a WoW lisence with an active sub on one of your licenses on the same BNet account. I know of this, because been using this technic for the EU Forums some of the times.

1 Like

If that is true then there is something very very wrong with the forum software.

The rest of the forums are simple. One Bnet account + one game license = posting access. Seeing as you can only have one license for the other games it works pretty well.

WoW is supposed to require an active sub/game time to post with a character “account”.

Hmmm… toddles off for a bit

3 Likes

Yeah, probably, because I know that the EU Players have also used this tactic as well, which is why I thought to mention it. But as I said, still requires atleast an active sub on one of the game licenses.

1 Like

I have asked some questions in places. I have no idea if my limited contacts know anything about it but it is worth asking anyway. Does not seem like that should be possible.

2 Likes

Yeah, able to post from a starter account without a game subscription on that starter account

https://i.imgur.com/rRbefh9.jpeg

And yeah, due to having an active sub on my other license.

1 Like

Thank you for testing. Well then. I learned something new today. The forum backend is more Battlenet account based for WoW than I thought. It does function like the other forums at the core.

3 Likes

In a way, I do think it should be per an active WoW lisence with a sub to post on the forums. Not saying EU players are bad for this, but there is some EU Players who does come to the NA forums on a starter account and troll the forums. Though, only some. There is a few that are nice at times and helpful too.

1 Like

They’ll never do this, for a very simple reason. They know 95% of the people here would immediately put every green on their ignore list. That’s not conducive to their good boy program.

2 Likes

This sure is a take, and a very incorrect one at that.

9 Likes

That is just silly. Nobody cares if you ignore greens or anyone else.

They eventually will. Further, it does not matter one tiny bit about greens. Greens are only green on one character and can only post on one character - feel free to put me on Ignore.

Click my avatar then go to activity and top right change the drop down from Normal to Ignored.

At this point you would only need to do that for about 4 people. 1 WoW Community MVP and three of us TS/CS MVPs.

8 Likes

Actually I apologize, I forgot about Tech Support mvps because I never have a need to go there. Theyr’e actually very helpful and are a big positive to the forum.

The loack of account wide ignores , likes , flags and post counts in here already prove that :grin: