Can we get account wide ignore?

Did they change the ignore? I cannot see the fox posts anymore…

If a thread is above x amount of posts it automatically starts hide hiding them instead of the normal type of ignore.

7 Likes

Maybe the system will boot up a new one.

Like I said, people have the right to ignore whatever they seem fit, its not hard concept to grasp. There is no invalid reasons to ignore someone.

Its not your place to police it, neither should blizzard.

3 Likes

Yeah… I was/am an easy target because I really like to help and explain things. I have to keep the comic in my mind. It was eye opening when I first saw this.

I also like the XKCD comic about Free Speech but I am not allowed to link that due to mild profanity.

12 Likes

Nope. It’s a “special feature” that only gets activated when we break a thread by passing 10K posts. It’s how the forums SHOULD work.

While someone (or two) might argue that not being forced to be heard by everyone is somehow “harassment”, the real harassment is still having to see their “1 Message Hidden”, or being subjected to people quoting them.

I look forward to the forums becoming more friendly and less troll-ey.

Ignore the person, not their posting character(s).

14 Likes

Using the ignore to ignore the person. This is what people want? This is what everyone in this thread wants? An ignore system where we can ignore the entire person, not just one alt of that person.

5 Likes

Wait, what?!?

You do know that even if someone ignores you, Blizzard can still see your posts, right? If someone ignores negative feedback, Blizzard still sees and considered it.

Not even you, Ard, could possibly be so intellectually dishonest as to try to claim that players ignoring each other forces Blizzard to ignore them, too.

Or could you? It actually wouldn’t surprise me, given your history.

5 Likes

To be clear, this is you just making crap up.

Perhaps the first and only truthful thing you’ve ever posted.

6 Likes

Like at some point you think ya’ll would just let him tucker himself out with the tantrums

4 Likes

I mean if we can’t talk without labeling me this or that then will be perpetually stuck in a stalemate.

Cause my mind isn’t changing.

1 Like

Then the sensible thing to do would be for the two sides to stop wasting time and effort engaging with each other, and redirect that energy to less useless interactions.

Something tells me, though, that you will simply be unable to stop yourself, because ‘useless’ seems to be your default setting.

5 Likes

I hadn’t either. So we both learned something today!

2 Likes

This is odd…

So I see that some people are replying to arfmcclown
yet gone are all the hidden reply messages in this thread but I can see hidden reply messages in other threads.

Anyone else experiencing this phenomenon? It’s quite nice to not see the usual suspects leaving hidden replies.

It can happen when a thread is over 10k replies. It kind of breaks, but it actually works better this way in my opinion.

7 Likes

Ah ok. Good… now my brain can stop pondering this lol.

1 Like

I always saw this thread on the main page, but obviously didn’t read all 10k replies. Not sure if this was said already, but, could one of the reasons of this not being implemented yet is because when you ignore a character, you never re-encounter that character again on PVE/PVP group finders? And by adding all characters from an account to an exclusion list, could it mess up with the matchmaking system in large scale? Like exponentially increasing queue times?

No, because this thread is only about ignores on the forum. I believe you can already ignore an entire account in game. The two systems are entirely independent of one another.

EDIT: I was mistaken. I’m not sure you can ignore an account in game. Nevertheless, the two systems are still independent and this thread is just about forum ignores.

3 Likes

You do ignore the whole account in game, but only on the character that does the ignoring. IF you see someone you have on ignore typing on a different character, just add them for the character you’re on.

2 Likes

What do you mean of course he could be that intellectualy dishonest.

I’m not even sure if he is capable of being honest.

1 Like