Can we get account wide ignore?

Easter Bunny disagrees. He says being hard to find is kinda the point; anything else turns the egg hunt into an egg collect.

Maybe, but not until the Blizz mods allow him to come back. I wouldn’t count on it, though. Not for at least a couple more weeks, anyway.

As far as I’m aware, nobody has ever accused any other toon of being an Ard sockpuppet. His sockpuppets are pretty obvious (not as obvious as Lilithia’s, but being more obvious then Lilithia is a pretty high bar).

Ard being suspended or banned is a pretty safe assumption, because he has a pathological need to argue this topic. He can’t NOT respond to this topic, especially if he’s being referenced directly.

TL;DR - He was able to reply, he would have. The fact that he hasn’t strongly implies that he simply can’t.

6 Likes

My sources tell me he earned a break. Not from this thread, but from trolling the LGBT+ thread, he said some pretty awful stuff there.

8 Likes

“Forums need account wide ignore” What it needs is moderation, cause there’s thousands of posts in this thread that violate them but are still here. That much is clear, while certain people seem to celebrate it.

2 Likes

Yes it does, that’s not what we are discussing, we want he ability to ignore the player, not the posting character.

9 Likes

Same as your sockpuppet point.

The point is you can ignore anything you want without any new features.

They should remove character posting and only show BTAGS and allow you to ignore a BTAG. This is the easiest fix and makes the most sense.

Like I have said in the past. It still won’t work for players with multiple BTAGS.

2 Likes

Can’t believe there’s people with over 600 posts in this thread, even the lowest top poster has over 100 :rofl:

It shows they can’t ignore things.

1 Like

Feel free to report them. I believe the blues in the CS forum have explained this to you.

6 Likes

Both? Both is good :3

7 Likes

I agree, account wide ignore and better moderation.

5 Likes

For what it’s worth I hope you all have a good Christmas, even if we strongly disagree on this topic, I’ve always tried to be the sort of person that won’t think less of people even if we disagree.

Um that’s about it for now, it’s hard for me to worry too much either way what happens from here, given that I have become more distant from wow anyway.

In the past WoW used to feel more like a social game, now I am not so sure.

1 Like

You don’t mean any thing . You just toss in word salad that honestly has nothing to do with the topic in hand in hopes that people will bite so Blizzard will get the threead shut down …
To be honest I am not sure if you oare ignorant or arrogant.

What I mean is I’m not sure if it is an ignorant belief or sher arogance that makes you think you have a right to be heard by everyone . Individuals haveing the ability does not violate your right to free speach because that in most places that have that freedom it is a protection from said countries government preventing you from speaking.

No company or person has to actually recognize another persons right to free speach.

Further more we are not asking Blizzard to silence people like you , we are asking them to give us the individuals the ability to choose for ourselves to decide on who we choose to interact with in here. Because in the end the only people anyone here is entitled to here from or be heard from are those that choose to interact with them.

7 Likes

Oh and throw in a text box for the flag feature so people can explain their reason for flagging a person including quotes from the person they are flagging to show why .

6 Likes

Dear Greatfather Winter

All I want for Winterveil this year is account wide ignore. :christmas_tree:

9 Likes

I will buy epic TWW if they have account wide ignore, one forum like/flag per a post and keep classic characters out of retail discussions (majority troll retail) and give Classic WoW their own forums like other Blizzard games have.

4 Likes

Just now noticed 8700+ replies on this thread, sheesh :flushed:

Must be really slow/GD’ers are really bored or something, my goodness lol

1 Like

Well my early Christmas present is the fact that the people on the side that want to just ignore everyone haven’t won the argument yet. As far as I am concerned until Blizzard makes a decision to introduce the features people are asking for, the debate will continue.

I know people will disagree with me, and I know people want to stop the homophobia, transphobia, racist sexist trolls and whatnot. That’s fair enough.

But stay a while and listen to an ageing player…here is the thing, my honest opinion is that it is rife throughout our society and institutions that everyone wants to make someone, someone else’s problem. I won’t go into detail, but I’ve seen how damaging that can be…when some people get ignored, ostracized by their peers, and fail to get the support and help they need, it can drive a lot of people crazy.

That’s why people asking to ignore a specific person is something I find quite frightening and even offensive; I am not saying I condone the actions of people that might be making hurtful comments to the gay community or whatever else. But my honest opinion is that even if someone has such nasty attitudes, is kicking them out the way and shutting them up the only answer?

I would much sooner educate a person and show them that certain people just because they are different, aren’t to be feared.

1 Like

Sir, this is a Wendy’s.

It’s a video game forum, not an education center, not a rehab support group, not even real life. A video game.

11 Likes

I don’t ignore anyone either ingame or on forums, but then again I have a fairly thick skin/can handle some random “locker room talk” so there’s that :man_shrugging:

In my experience people are too lazy to bother “harrassing” you thru whispers, if say… an M+ group goes south/disbands, an angry pug might rage-whisper me 2-3 times telling me I’m the bad guy for leaving and such (and I simply don’t respond)… but then I never hear from them again so it’s whatever

Even on a much higher-traffic board like reddit, it’s extremely rare to get “harassed” or “stalked” by another user. Even in super-heated or controversial threads (such as a heated politics thread), the worst that happens is maybe you get some downvotes if you happen to post an unpopular/politically incorrect opinion - getting “harassed” via Private Message is extremely rare (since the vast majority of internet users are lazy by default, like I said)

1 Like