Can we get account wide ignore?

And we are at 300 :blue_heart:'s and counting.

2 Likes

like 300 spartans we hold off the endless legions of alts!

5 Likes

300 likes :blue_heart:.

2 Likes

The support for account wide ignores and account wide options is lovely honestly. :dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated:

4 Likes

Man sure would be a nice christmas gift to give account wide ignore

3 Likes

Isn’t this at least the 12th time you’ve said something to that effect?

5 Likes

1 Like

Imagine how easy her life would be if she could easily just block anyone saying something she didnt like - across all Blizzard games and forums.

It is simply laziness from Blizzard for not having this in place. It should have been done years ago.

5 Likes

Exactly account wide ignore in the forums and in game can help prevent harassment.

Thank you for your support Lil and telling us why account wide ignore, and blocks are important to both in game and forums.

7 Likes

Imagine the unmitigated audacity arguing with a straight face that people are getting harassed by people and somehow the answer is giving people less control over who contacts them and what content they have to see, and thinking that people will think that that logic connects at all.

Imagine dragging someone’s situation into your argument that will work directly to their detriment and trying to act like you’re being their advocate.

Frickin’ gross behavior, but that tracks with all the behavior certain people have shown before.

8 Likes

Hey guys, I let my sub lapse and didn’t realize it til today. Doofus moment for me.

I see certain parties are still running their mouths.

Just a friendly reminder, Asking for Account wide ignores does not impede you ability to make posts. You don’t have the right to be seen or heard.

9 Likes

It really is though. You’re on my ignore list, but that doesn’t stop me from occasionally taking a peek at ignored users posts for a good laugh.

What you’re failing to understand here is that fact that ignores are reactionary. Whereas pre-emptive clique communities that run rampant on websites like Facebook and Twitter are pro-actionary (is that a word?).

Essentially what that means is that by default, open discourse is always the norm on the forum. Only specific individuals are removed. This is the mature and responsible approach that prevents echo chambers from forming.

Ignoring people has been a sensible thing to do for all things in life. And once you realise that others ignoring you doesn’t impact you negatively in any way shape or form, you’ll finally understand how wrong you truly are. The only time this wouldn’t be the case is if the vast majority of the forum ignored you. Which would only occur if they were ignoring you for a very good reason. At which point, you may want to take a good long look in the mirror. Although by then, I would assume you would have been banned by the mods long ago, making it all a moot.

8 Likes

“Proactive/pre-emptive” really.

3 Likes

The first time a man calls you a horse, you call him a jerk. The second time a man calls you a horse, you punch him in the mouth.

The third time a man calls you a horse, well- maybe it’s time to get fitted for a saddle.

5 Likes

It has nothing to do with account wide ignores.

Lil tends to bring in things that have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Most of what she says fall under the old saying of “What’s that have to do with the price of tea in China”

2 Likes

I want this to be both forums and in game that if I ignore someone - it blocks everything about them.

4 Likes

If they are not civil and hurling personal insults then its the answer.

I don’t ignore people that say my take is bad while being civil about it, I have said this a couple of times here already.

There is a difference between actually having a civil argument and actually being toxic and not having a civil argument.

6 Likes

I think common sense would dictate that this would result in an immediate ban, I have lots of gay friends and they would never do anything like that…

A very small minority of heterosexual people however…

That I can’t argue with.

That you phrased it like that… is very concerning

2 Likes