Can we get account wide ignore?

I think that people are entitled to their opinions on this issue.

I don’t however believe people are entitled to their own facts,

I think that the way to challenge anti-social and offensive behavior is for Blizzard to do exactly what they have been doing, that is, removing offensive flirts from the game, that kind of thing, these things don’t stop sexist/offensive behavior over night, but it’s a step in the right direction,

Simply having a button and blocking people out is a simple answer, but encouraging long-term cultural change, that’s a lot harder.

Then why do you maintain that this idea has any negative privacy implications at all?

8 Likes

I know that’s definitely my opinion on most of the arguments against.

5 Likes

No one is required to listen to you.

9 Likes

8 Likes

Are you sure about that ?

You seem to believe that you are entitled to your own fact that people can find out your real id with account wide ignores when they can’t .

You seem to believe that you are entitled to your own fact that people should not have the right to ignore you because it violates your free speech .

It doesn’t because free speech protection is only to protect people from their government and not from companies are other people .

Out side of the government the only people required to listen to the bs you spew out are those foolish enough to be willing to do so . Everyone else has the right to flat out ignore you.

11 Likes

They say that like we’re not asking for something simple.

2 Likes

here once again in support for btags and or account wide ignore

3 Likes

No thanks ignoring people isn’t the answer,

I think challenging bad ideas to encourage positive social change is the answer,

Already i have seen one woman being bullied in another thread blamed for being harassed then people victim blaming her, that is NOT okay,

I rest my case

When the bad ideas that are challenged keep getting brought up, and they’re ones that denigrate entire classes of people, no. Ignoring is valid.

Anyone who suggests someone who is LGBTQ+ is grooming people, for example… no, I deserve the option to ignore the person.

8 Likes

it is not nor will ever be your call

13 Likes

btags?

2 Likes

I too make random vague non-sequiturs without receipts to enrich my stance.

Wait…

6 Likes

These aren’t at odds as much as you think they are. Importantly, these forums are not a solid platform from which to enact any level of social change. The value of an unfettered/unfetterable voice on these forums is extremely low. It is a focused, sub-hobby specific public space.

In any case, it is never true that you should force people to listen to opposing views. Even if it’s the right thing for an individual to do, they are within their right to live their ephemeral existence to their own preference, so long as that preference doesn’t infringe on the same for other people.

4 Likes

i’ve been playing to watch classic wow i think lol i got them bags on my mind

2 Likes

If only.​​

4 Likes

I thought it was a phone correcting it.

I figure they’re referring to the stalker thread that’s been pretty active the last day or two, but… I can’t see what that has to do with account wide forum ignores.

1 Like

This is when account wide block/ignore needs to be implemented in game as well.

Account wide ignore in the forums and account wide ignore in game too please.

Thank you all for your support.

:+1:

3 Likes

Just throwing in a bump in favor of account-wide ignore.

3 Likes