Can we get account wide ignore?

If they were to acknowledge the actual points being made it’d be even more clear how nonsensical their stances are.

2 Likes

Because if the forum mods play fairer then you might not need account wide ignore, that’s why.

No we would still need it

8 Likes

Better forum mods are a must or having them at all. I can already tell by how the flag system works that it is not seen by moderators unless the post is reported, again, and they even say moderators needs to look at it.

So it uses automation until then. Way too many actual hateful/harmful slip by (as you can tell in this thread) go under the gate and nothing happens. Not just here but in general, this one is particularly bad though and I am sure most regulars muted this place.

It actually makes sense and explains a lot, but that’s my tinfoil hat theory.
Kinda exhausting honestly, and I’m tired of seeing 20 some odd flags every time I log in from junk that was like a week ago in this topic from trolls so yes, mods please have more presence lol.

For people supposedly worried about people getting locked out of the forums by a magical occurance of humans not working like humans, they have an alternate solution that is WAY harsher and would end up with more people locked out of the forums than if people can just curate their own experience to not interact with people (which still allows the ignored person to interact with the rest of the forum populace).

Funny.

3 Likes

Dunno. You guys are making this some sort of vendetta against no one.
I hate to see how you’d survive Reddit in all honesty lol but yeaaah.

Welp, enjoy your night.

Do you want to point that out?

Because it’s people getting fed up with others who can’t respect boundaries asking for a tool to work properly, and getting harassed by people jumping in to attack them for having a perfectly normal reaction to someone who consistently tries their patience.

I try not to, that layout is a cancer on user interface.

And doesn’t Reddit have a much harsher user moderation system than wow does with their down votes?

3 Likes

Yeah the only really horrible places are… the really horrible places, not even counting all the cat reddits I’m on Reddit communities tend to be very civil.

1 Like

I just mean that from what I understand that if you get enough downvotes on a post it’s just plain hidden without a mod involved. And that seems like something that the anti-normal ignore people would be against. I mean, much easier to have the echo chamber they go on about if you can hide all your opposition with downvotes.

I just can’t stand sites that use nested comment threads

2 Likes

Yep, and that’s quite abused on a per-community basis.

2 Likes

I think that the forum mods are a) human being people working in a role that can be up to subjective interpretation and b) operating under guidelines that aren’t 100% clear all the time and might conflict and also be under subjective interpretation by higher-ups.

That’s why…wait for it…I think that people should be able to cultivate their own experiences on the forums instead of having to rely on the forum moderators to enforce someone’s subjective opinion of what should get someone’s post removed or posting privileges revoked.

I still think it’s hilarious that you and Ard who think that free speech is so important on the forums think that a good counter-argument to people being able to manage for themselves what they want to see and don’t want to see is to argue for stricter and more frequent moderation.

I’m not following you down this rabbit hole.

6 Likes

I am loathing to say his name, so I won’t, I’m thinking he (the fox guy) earned a nappy time from the mods. He poked his nose into another thread and it got newspaper slapped.

2 Likes

That’s not going to happen sadly, let’s be honest, everything has become more automated now to cover costs.

It’s the direction society is heading. Well except, maybe that supermarket chain in the UK.

No, I don’t trust individual human beings to have that kind of power, humans can be too nasty, they will ostracize people who are different, history has shown that mobs can’t be trusted, while some people are concerned about a technocracy, I would much sooner live in a benevolent dictatorship where certain laws-not the law of the jungle-have to be followed.

I don’t trust individual people to make the right choices.

Look on the bright side.

You still have MEEE.

I meant handling opinions. Most of the time they just downvote you to hell, not report you unless the back and forth really gets going.

Here it’s report every opinion you don’t like and possibly get that person permanently forum banned. At least on Reddit, you’re just kicked out the sub not the entire website afaik.

1 Like

I think most believe free speech within the boundries Blizz has given us is important but we also know that having the right to say what we want within those boundries doesn’t mean we have the right to be heard by everyone . The only people we have the right to be heard by are those willing to listen to what we say and are also willing to interact with us.

Those not willing to listen or interact with us should have the right to be able to completely ignore us.

3 Likes

Nobody is going to be permanently forum banned simply by being flagged. If the flagged post isn’t actually breaking the ToS then it’s restored and that’s that. The only way you get a permanent forum ban is if what’s reported is worthy of the report. Very worthy, for it to be permanent.

5 Likes

The more you get banned the more time gets added. False reports happen and things get slipped so it’s still possible. I already had my stuff deleted because I quoted someone saying the very thing they called me. I get that post deleted but the original comment which included the insult did not. So who the flip knows how the system really works but I rounded it up to automatic for most reports but there is no 1 report gets seen, I know that for a fact.

It’s whatever I have no idea, could just ignore the person instead of constantly reporting but that’s just me.

The only problem with the “just ignore” method is that if someone genuinely needs to be reported, then things won’t be addressed if people “just ignore.” Right now, I think we’re assuming a lot of reports (potentially greater than a 1:2 ratio) are done in bad faith.

2 Likes

I forgot if I asked you or the other Vulpera but I did ask if one of you if you thought calling someone pathetic was okay and it was not responded. So to you, what things are really worth a report?

I don’t believe you asked me that first question, and I wouldn’t answer it myself.

What’s worth a report? Anything explicitly against the Forum Code of Conduct, or anything that can be construed as such even if not overtly so. Mind, I cite the “anything that can be construed as such” because there are some times where you need to sift through smoke to find where the line is, and which side of the line the post is on.

Also, keep in mind that not all reports will result in deletion or other action, because sometimes we have a read on a situation and flag it, but the determination is that it’s okay. That doesn’t mean the flag was in bad faith, just that Blizzard’s moderators didn’t agree.

2 Likes