Can we get account wide ignore?

By compassion and understanding they mean “I want to be able to say whatever I want with 0 consequences”

10 Likes

I understand that and them.

Which is why I would like an account wide ignore, there’s no confusion there. I know precisely why somebody is going on there.

5 Likes

I agree account wide ignore is the best way to be compassionate and understanding by not continuing to read toxic behavior so we don’t engage or be baited into fights or arguments.

6 Likes

Because I don’t understand to me a statement is either offensive or it’s not.

Not everything is a micro aggression.

Also you from Moon Guard on that server day after day i saw offensive comments in trade chat on that server might as well ignore the entire server some days

Yet I’ll take a look at something said in greater context and try to determine if it was said in simple ignorance, or with malice. Nothing’s black and white, it’s all grayscaled, and sometimes a person genuinely doesn’t know better… but there are plenty when they do know better and do it anyway.

I still refuse to meet your demand for an example. To do so would force me to think in ways that can harm me, and that’s ugly as heck.

… also to the Moon Guard point: I tend to be on Alliance-side there lately (there’s some ugliness Horde-side that came to the forefront when someone was trying to draw more Horde players over), and while I see it there, it’s pretty quickly piled-onto. Honestly, seeing it shown to be disliked so quickly is a bit reassuring.

6 Likes

Indeed - and I see no issue with that. If someone wants to ignore the server, it’s easy to /leave trade. And that being said, I also still see no issue ignoring entire accounts, either. I think the forum software should support it.

3 Likes

I use this option (mute) on a ton of threads – wonder if there is a limit.

Once I stared using this, it was amazing how much nonsense and frivolous chatter was squelched…so much so the forums are pretty tolerable now.

This is spot on.
They are either being disingenuous, or they are attempting to bate you into a bad situation.

Most people would not have the self-control to not do it… Bravo!

3 Likes

Your standards aren’t the ones that the forum mods use. They regularly apply the rules in a way that suggests that it’s okay to deny the humanity and rights of certain groups as long as you do it “politely” and without slurs.

This leads to a lot of “you know what I mean” kinds of statements and dog whistling. For example, something like “I’m so sick of those people shoving their real life issues down our throats, but that’s what you get when a game is made in California” likely wouldn’t get removed, much less a forum vacation.

By not clarifying who “those people” are or the “real life issues” that they have problems with or what exactly being from California has to do with it and not using TOS-breaking language people can communicate their message loud and clear in a way that generally won’t risk their posting privileges.

8 Likes

i see it but it doesn’t have any of those but tracking so it might not be the right spot. i have like 5 posts in this topic and they are all reported why?

Did you click the down arrow?

I cannot speak about the motivations of others. I didn’t report your posts.

This is the point I was trying to convey. Thank you.

2 Likes

B;iz, how many hours of recoding is this? I know it many not be ezpzy to do, dependending on how induvial ignore coding may have been, can u make an overlay? Seems like easy to code around, but at first everyone also thinks so

If you don’t like the thread or conversation put it on mute, I’ll have pictures how to do it when I get home so people can no longer say they don’t know how to do it after given simple instructions by other posters.

What is necroing to you exactly when mega threads have been a thing for long while now?

Should threads shut down because you lack the capability to mute?

Should we lock all the other threads like the waggle thread, mega customizations threads and lounge threads because they have been necros as well?

Not just account wide ignore needs to be a thing, but account wide mutes as well.

As many T threads and high elf threads I muted, I want to say there is no limit.

2 Likes

I agree . I say put it under the person’s avatar or down at bottom with

:blue_heart: :chains: :black_flag: and bookmark

4 Likes

I want to say at the very end next to share icon where it’s easy to find.

Also, to answer how to mute a thread, scroll all the way down, bottom left menu select mute.

Imgur

2 Likes

Naw for ignore it has to be connected to the person you are ignoring for easier access.

At the bottom of page I think would be too close to the current way it is done .

THey need to put an ignore with the persons post that operates without the need of clicking on their avatar or having the need to have to manualy type the persons name in .

What we need is a

5 Likes

If that’s what you think of the forum mods, then why not advocate for them to do better and play fairer?

I actually know a lady that wears a California top all the time at a local event I attend every month, so let people bagging out Cali, bag out Cali.

Let’s be honest, many people are just jealous that California has Hollywood, Silicon Valley, and the works, California has a LOT to offer the world that’s under appreciated. Sure it may have it’s social issues, but let’s be honest it’s a very important place.

And don’t forget San Francisco. Honestly, best place to go through when on an international flight.

And… we end up off-topic on a tangent after someone decides to give you an answer.

7 Likes

Por que no los dos

2 Likes