Can we get account wide ignore?

If people need this functionality, then I don’t see any reason why it can’t be implemented. It is just a matter of programming.

I personally would not use it but I’m sure others would.

It should just be a default thing - if you ignore someone, it ignores their entire account. ALL of their posts are hidden from you at that point.

Doing so will drastically reduce sock puppet trolling / fake echo chambers (some will still spend extra money to have multiple accounts). If you are trying to hide from some people / your guild, maybe you shouldn’t have done whatever it is you did to make people angry enough to track you across multiple characters (you reap what you sow). If someone is stalking you, report them - serious cases have IRL consequences.

5 Likes

That’s victim blaming

3 Likes

If someone is stalking you, report them.

It would be easier to have an ignore icon than to jump through so many hoops, hopefully we’ll get a brand new forum by next year with account wide everything and send classic characters away from retail WoW.

Sick of classic players trolling retail discussions and I’m sure there are retail players trolling classic discussions as well.

6 Likes

Which is exactly how it should be, the fact people can troll, harass, sockpuppet, etc. from alt to alt and bypass others ignores on them isn’t okay and there should be much harsher punishment for such behaviors since doing that is against the COC and TOA anyway.

5 Likes

I’ve supported this from the jump, specifically because of the amount of hate - or even simple disrespect - that I have a tendency to see towards LGBTQ+ players/people both on the forums and in the game. Someone can make a comment that’s gross enough for me to want to ignore, yet not have it cross the lines set in the terms of service, and I’ll still want to never interact with that person ever again.

An account-wide ignore would allow me to do exactly that, rather than wonder if they’ll just be back on another character.

4 Likes

Everything homophobic or racist is against the terms of service

There are some things that can be said through a veneer of “civilized discussion” that can skirt it barely. I still don’t want to interact with those.

6 Likes

State the obvious…

And yet people still run their mouths and act shocked when called out.

1 Like

To me a statement is either homophobic or it’s not

Without intending to divert any further, let’s leave it at “if there’s a line, then people will find the line and tip-toe right up to it, just to claim that they’re not crossing the line.” I’d still want nothing to do with those.

8 Likes

ya well right after i posted that got reported. i found the ignore button like someone said but i cant find the mute. this topic just bad and i dont wanna see it anymore or get banned over dumb nonsense like this lol. so help me out please.

At the bottom of the thread, at the very bottom, there is a drop down. It says Watching, Tracking, Normal, Muted. Select the muted option

2 Likes

Example please

4 Likes

I respectfully refuse. Why should I be required to craft a gross-yet-technically-permitted statement to satisfy you?

10 Likes

So what are you?

1 Like

An account wide ignore is completely irrelevant to this.

5 Likes