Can we get account wide ignore?

I’m not sure how many times we have to say this…no. We don’t care about your unrelated story. If you’d actually go away “for a month or two” then we’d be happy. Try staying away even longer. I promise you, nobody will miss any of your nonsense.

6 Likes

Not really, and don’t give a rats patooty.

I’m shivering with anticipation. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I think an account wide ignore is a great idea, please bring it on.

4 Likes

6 Likes

So what if they do ?

Are you so ignorant or so arrogant to not understand that you do not have any right to be heard by everyone that is not part of your countries government .

No company or person has to recognize your right to freely ramble on .

To be honest the only people you have the right to be heard by are those that choose to listen to you .

Nothing your walnut the size of brain can come up with will change that fact and if that fact hurts your feeling oh well

3 Likes

I’m all for getting wasted in Margaritaville

To Jimmy

1 Like

Don’t think the maker of that Add-on can do that, but you can make a request to include the forums. :grin:

2 Likes

I’m a bit taken aback over saying we use it to screen dissenting opinions.

I use it to blank-out people that I know are active in engaging in, or even just parroting, bigotry. Bigotry isn’t a dissenting opinion.

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter why a person uses ignore . Everyone has their own reasons for doing so .

No one has the right to have their opinion heard by everyone and they will.

I look at this from some one that lives in the states.

The freedom of speech people keep screaming about losing if btags or account wide ignores happen won’t because the 1st ammendment like the 8 others folowing it (yess Bill of Rights are the first 10 but #10 is in regards to states rights) are not articles that give us those rights but notification to the government that those are our natural born rights and to not mess with them.

So the only people obligated to listen to the people are the government . Everyoneone else has no obligation and can tell others to take a hike and a true ignore feature would allow people that option .

Right now it’s like a robocall center calling and telling you ,your manufactures warranty on your 20 year old car is about to expire .

You answer , hang up block and then they call later wit hanother number and you repeat.

I want to block once and have all numbers connected to eachother blocked (ie all characters from the same account).

7 Likes

Just wait until you turn 64 1/2. The Medicare plan sellers crawl out of the woodwork to harass you nonstop.

Also, account wide ignores make sense.

5 Likes

oh yay I have another 8.5 years to look forward to that

I have said this here in a couple of posts ago and I will say it again.

If someone has a different opinion then mine, thats fine.

If someone says that my take is bad, I will hear it out and ask them why my take is bad.

If someone wants a discussion and or debate with me, I will take part of it and hope it is civil.

But the moment that someone starts throwing out personal attacks and just being toxic or just trolling, I will ignore him/her temporarily or permanently, why you might ask? because at that point that individual is not worth my time talking if all their going to do is treat me with personal attacks and or trolling. I have my right to distance myself from you and choose to not hear you, I should not be subjugated to hear someone who has some sort of hatred towards me, if you have a problem with being ignored then let me ask you this: Have you considered treating others with respect?

I remember some CS agent telling someone to swap alts to escape harassment shows you a reason why the past btag threads and this thread exists is because the current ignore we have only works on a character your ignoring and not the account. Like we have explained this before, someone can just use alts to continually harass you or try to engage with you when you have no interest in talking to them. Its insane how some people defend the current ignore and say “its perfect and it doesn’t need changes.” when you have a Blizzard CS Rep telling an individual who was getting harassed by someone who is using alts to get around ignores to swap posting characters to escape harassment since ignore in that situation is not working.

So TL;DR: I will ignore people if they end up being toxic. Not those who may have a different opinion, calling my take bad or wanting to debate or discuss.

Every other forum on the internet has account wide ignore enabled by default.

I fail to see your point of how it will create echo chambers.

13 Likes

:point_up_2: This.

:100:

8 Likes

Because it isn’t a point, it’s a buzzword throw-out trying to derail what is, on its face and in detail, an overall good suggestion for the forums.

6 Likes

But the failure and unwillingness to listen can still be harmful.

Obviously it’s far better to ignore someone who might be disrupting your work, disturbing your peace of mind rather than taking any action that would hurt them or yourself, I was never disputing that.

But I think avoiding someone for nothing is terrible, what is the point of a discussion forum if you aren’t willing to listen to opinions that you don’t like?

More degenerate behaviors like deliberately trolling and whatnot to stir the pot etc, that can already be reported and dealt with.

A person’s reputation shouldn’t have to permanently suffer for something they said or did 20 years ago, not unless they killed someone or something else extreme.

I’m back home.

Happy new year everyone

Not new year for another month and a bit.

Welcome home! But I’m really confused, lol.

you mean a month or two hasn’t gone by?

2 Likes