Can we get account wide ignore?

He still doesn’t get it .

Just because we don’t like or agree with his opinion doesn’t mean what he says violates Blizzard’s standards . What we are telling him is he violates our standards and that we as individuals have the right to shut him down from our own personal view.

no i mean like you’ll just pop up ignored too if he ignored me because you’d be my alt.
so we could just been trolls the whole time and he’d see it. now that’ll just cause such a fit of the forums that w/o like harassment and drama it can’t be done without everyone pretty much starting fresh.

THat’s what I’ve said should be done .

1 Like

You mean like they ignore you, and the rest of your alts would show up on their ignore list as well?

If thats the case, I’m just gunna quote myself

Even without btags our accounts already have identifiers and they could just simple put that in the back when you ignore someone so you don’t actually get to see the alts being ignored

Cuz if it did just list all the alts, that’d gum up ignore lists reaaaaallll fast

You do realize most of us when we see an ignore we rarely check them . Now every now and then if a ignored person is quoted we might check but for most cases you go into ignore we don’t care who your alts are .

And they wonder why I think they could possibly be the sockpuppet of previous Classic DKs

2 Likes

why are you so rude to me? im actually taking the time to discuss with him… just stop please.

1 Like

Nah, we may legit just have a disconnect in communication here

I’m not writing them off, yet anyway, cuz if the whole all alts would appear on ignore is what they think I’d want to happen, then clearly we got off wrong somewhere

I don’t want ignore lists instantly choked up with alts, that’d be horrible for everyone

yeah well not so much the list but i can see it rolling up but like the topic itself. so when it says “ignore” on the actual topic, you’ll see all their alts on here lol. again i want to mention and say i dont mind the acc wide ignores, i am telling you the possible repercussion we will have if this is not implemented with care.

I don’t want all the alts of a person to show up either .

I’m fine with the toon I ignored only showing with maybe the words account next to it in the ignore box .

Awwww yeah. Gettin’ us some 1984 up in here.

1 Like

Alright just to be fully clear, you mean like this

Person A ignores you, they would then see You and say Alt C who you also posted on as ignored in that thread, which then could potentially expose Alt C as one of yours?

I got 2 things for that one

First would be, well unless the person swaps alts regularly it’s not really likely for someone to unintentionally stumble across another alt of yours since it would also require you to be the only person they’ve ever ignored

Second would be, get rid of the “View X Hidden Reply” thing so then they cant even have a chance to see people they’ve ignored

yes correct on the first thing.
the second one, well hey, with all this throwing around of “sock puppets” en masses then yeah…we might be able to find either

1. a lot of trolls alt posts that could very well be your friend.
  2. people can finally see im not the 40 other people they say i am lol.

i just dont think a sudden implement of account wide is a good idea. def gotta rehaul the forums bc they can barely do crap with it as it is. just clean slate it and let people be real careful this time around.

apologies i am on my phone 99% of the time and i am tired of swypin atm lol

this i suppose, i mean you ignored them, why does it matter if you see that anything from that account was posted?

I’ll perform an experiment on how many characters can be ignored test tomorrow night for the person who was curious and have pics if it says something about extending the limit.

Going to chill tonight watch some shows and have a pizza. Just exhausted from work.

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s bad news at all. It just means more bacon for me.

1 Like

I already ignored half the folks in this thread so I don’t see their offending comments ,so that regard even on a subject as this both sides should have that feature If I ignore you ,I don’t see your comment you in turn don’t see mine but the forum goers can .They can comment of each side to find their position, everyone wins.

This is how X/Twitter does it, and it doesn’t work for two reasons:

1. It allows someone to harass invisibly, though if not protected tweets, they can be seen if the victim/blocked person is logged out
  2. X/Twitter requires certain types of reports to come from the victim of abuse in order to be taken seriously, if even taken seriously at all. If you cannot see a Tweet, there is no mechanism to report. And to my knowledge, you must be logged in to report.

This is a premise I’ve discussed in this thread’s past.

1 Like

i’m also not in line with this because if i disagree with you, i dont want you to suddenly fall of bc u ignored me, i still care to see what youre saying. like ima be honest, they need to make the ignore button here WAY more visible bc i cant remember where it’s at.
no one bother showin me idc enough lol im just saying it should be click portrait or down there with the flags button and done but you know.

Maybe another improvement would be to place an interaction drop-down under the portrait frame?