Can we get account wide ignore?

That’s why I am saying. If you don’t like someone then ignore them. I already seen people claim they ignore someone then turn around reply to them just to say “Bla bla” and then ignore them again. It’s more concerning that people can’t properly use the the already have ignore button.

I think we should have a permanent ignore button. Once someone is ignored, that’s it, period. There, that way you people can’t get the twitchy itchy finger to talk to someone YOU CLEARLY HATE LOL.

You have it already, the issue is you can’t help but reply to the person you ignored and unignored 5000 times. The real question is who’s the real trolls here because this is ridiculous.

3 Likes

Well,the proof is here in 5000 posts it’s pretty clear but as always that never set in a mind with a controlling persona.

This has been said numerous times, but there are reasons it should be account-wide (allowing an individual to properly ignore an individual). There are reasons it should be revocable (people can change). There are reasons it should be possible to still view the posts if need be (for instance, in-context view of a post that continues abuse, in order to flag). There are also reasons that post likes and flags, as well as trust levels, should apply to the individual instead of the character.

1 Like

Anyways, daily support for
:white_check_mark: account wide ignores
:white_check_mark: account wide flags
:white_check_mark: account wide likes
:white_check_mark: account wide trust levels
:white_check_mark: account wide total post count

Time to end the nonsense of our character-server being the account, and time for our BNet account to be the account!

11 Likes

No thanks the centralisation of stuff is never a good thing

And the status-quo is?

I dont see anything wrong with the current forum i admit was happy when it came out and when i made a fresh start on Lilithia

Seems one sided,if you get rid of folks you’ll only get likes from those folks in favor with you and not an agreement of the post in genral,therefore,post count will reflect this as a means of who you truly are …gg,catch 22.

So… you don’t see how post flags can be abused by switching to multiple characters to allege violations? You don’t see how post likes can be abused by using multiple characters to show false broad support or agreement? You don’t see why it would still make sense to be able to ignore a player, and not just the character they happen to be posting on?

And before you counter that last point with “privacy” - as has been said, the only things that Blizzard is beholden to protect re: that are:

• Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
  • Payment Card Information (PCI)
1 Like

LOL,that is pretty clear the case,at 3.a.m . just how those like come from the same person posting and not from individual pushing them. Very telling.

There’s a little box down below that fully explains it the Esrb and why it’s there.

I can see the reason why you did yet,they ,them ,would keep bring them up from a past long gone.

No one is obligated to abide by a “fresh start” by anyone if they’ve had significant enough interactions with them in the past that required an ignore. The account-wide ignore, as suggested (a scaling of the existing ignore with all other features thereof intact), would allow a player to be ignored, because - again - no one is obligated to abide by the fresh start.

5 Likes

The only 2 things that should be kept private is your personal life and your personal info.

With forum account wide ignore, your not losing privacy.

my alts have been found and posted here before, I still have my privacy.

6 Likes

Found another sockpuppet.

Permanent ignore isn’t the answer because it’s taking choices away from the user. It’s just another poison pill to sabotage a proper ignore function.

8 Likes

So you are saying there’s no way a person should start all over period. but to use that person for personal fonder.

Starting over means you have to talk to NEW people. You don’t get fresh starts with people you’ve already hurt unless they agree to it, too.

1 Like

I uh… what? This doesn’t make sense. If a person is ignored, a “fresh start” and essentially skipping past all the ignores from the previous character is not the way to go.

2 Likes

I don’t think it personal infro but social in relationship with a guild matter.some guilds are like that if it become public you are gone. This is a reason to start over again.

Yeah, ignores should be removable by the person that placed the ignore. Having a permanent un-doable ignore would be dumb. But it’s up to the person who placed the ignore if they want to remove it.

Noone is ever obligated to listen to someone else if they don’t want to.

1 Like

Can already just quickly check honor level or pet/mount collection which can’t be hidden. I love getting into a discussion with somebody who’ll start trying to agree with themselves on an alt without realizing I can see it’s them. :dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_heart:

5 Likes