Can we get account wide ignore?

I feel it’s pretty rich when most of the time the solutions that side comes up with are ways to make it easier for people to get punished on the forums when all people are asking for is a way to not see someone without that person being actioned by the mods

Honestly? Because there are no two sides to this. It’s account wide ignores. Something people have been wanting for years.

I would love to have the ability to hit one button Ard and have you and all 50 of your alts get wiped off the face of my screen.

1 Like

History has shown slippery slopes do often happen as there’s always one person out there with cruel intent somewhere

No, that’s not a call for a stranger to make I wouldn’t go gossiping about someone to their friends over something silly they said on what was meant to be an anonymous forum.

Problem is in my brain words like ‘troll’ and even the word ‘harass’ as well as ‘misinformation’ have become so broad that they have no meaning, in my world if someone badmouths me to one of my friends in a respectable guild that’s harassing me, as quoted earlier this post, this person believes that if they feel my reputation should take a hit or whatever well I disagree with that I wouldn’t badmouth you to your friends.

This particular quote was in reference to my comment that people have been saying ‘one line’ things about how bad they think the game is for years, are you really saying the only people that should be on the forum are the people who love the game and have nothing but good things to say about the game?

If people didn’t whinge about how awesome BC/Wrath was for so many years we might not have got classic.

I actually never heard about this until this year…it certainly wasn’t a weekly/daily forum topic.

Why do people believe that there side of the argument is only the correct moral one, and there’s no two sides to it, people have admitted already that they think someone deserves to have their reputation trashed or whatnot, to me I will always side with privacy,

That said if the pro-taggers side ever win and get what they want in their entirety I’ll probably just quit the forum

1 Like

Because it would turn ignoring just a part of someone into actually ignoring someone? Not a hard concept to understand…

2 Likes

I disagree.

None of my alts are here.

1 Like

Wholly crap. Ignoring Ard got rid of like 300 posts. lmao!

Also ignoring Lil and the other got rid of another big chunk. hehe

Anyways, I’m done with his topic for good. Glad it is still around for almost 5000 posts, but it’s just a cycle at this point. A boring cycle of the same trolls spouting the same junk.

As always, Account Wide Ignore 1000%!

3 Likes

this is probably the best option… ensure that people’s privacy is upheld.

2 Likes

If anyone cares about my opinion, if the pro-taggers or whatever they call themselves these days get what they want, they should make up a rule that says boasting about who you ignore shouldn’t be allowed,

To be fair, I actually have this conversation with my some of girlfriends online on a similar matter, where what will happen is that a guy will say something stupid to them, and they will screenshot what they say then post it for everyone to see, and although I don’t condone what those guys are saying to them, at the same time can’t they just block and ignore them and be done with it?

Their whole attitude is “oh I just do it to warn people about that person” but usually it’s the same story where what will happen is the guy will hit on them or make an advance on them, the girl will reject them, then the guy will then proceed with some of the worst insults they can think of, and then proceed to block the woman and take off. I don’t think those guys are morons of course, but realistically, it’s their problem.

I’ve got a pretty thick skin and takes me a lot to block someone, not saying I haven’t in some circumstances, but it’s pretty clear that on this forum I am dealing with a crowd that want the right to ‘block/ignore!’ for no reason at all, I know some of you may think I am the pot calling the kettle black, but I think that’s absolutely narcissistic and somewhat anti-social,

In my opinion the world is divided too much between political/religious ideologies and whatnot as it is, so I believe that even if we disagree we should still at least make an effort to listen to each other, the amount of tribalism I am seeing in society is a little concerning.

Blizzard will do what they want of course.

Though I find it interesting that we are talking so much about forum rights and privileges and barely paying any attention to the actual Dragonflight expansion right now, if the game was that good, we probably wouldn’t care and would just be playing and enjoying the game lol

1 Like

They’d have to make referring back to any previous post history as a bannable offence.

I don’t see Blizzard doing that or enforcing it that degree.

2 Likes

Indeed, would be best to close up the loopholes so people can’t keep intruding on others after being ignored. That is rather invasive thing that is currently allowed.

4 Likes

And thats why you’re defending the people who attack others

Good stuff

2 Likes

No, the opposite is true!

In my opinion people attacking each other even wars result from the failures to listen to others, when people are pushed into their own little tribes and cliques.

For most people, an opinion doesn’t need to be agreed with in order to be respected. People tend to become more fanatical when they feel they aren’t being heard.

1 Like

No, you want to make sure that people who’s sole intention is to attack others have as easy time as possible doing it

1 Like

There are already penalties if you say things that break the forum code of conduct.

2 Likes

Yep, and you want to make sure the individuals have as much opportunity as possible to keep going and not let other people remove them from their time line

1 Like

But rules mean nothing without enforcement.

Rule enforcement/moderation is inconsistent, and usually days late.

You want people to be able to continue the harassment for the days it takes until the mods get around to looking at the person doing it.

1 Like

I just want to point out that, apparently at some point today, a post of mine was flagged - and later restored by staff, thankfully - over in the CS forum. Considering this is where most of my interaction has been, I am concerned that someone who has taken to disagree with me has opted to extend that disagreement to unrelated posts.

For reference, that thread was already locked as it had reached its useful end, and was actually well-received by CS blues. The flagging can only be seen as spiteful due to this.

If you disagree with me, own up to it. Don’t chase down unrelated posts of mine and flag them as trolling.

1 Like

Not to you, apparently. If it was, you wouldn’t insist on continuing to overshare personal and private matters.

I don’t say this to be mean or insulting, but… If your privacy is truly important to you, SHUT UP.

1 Like

The only name that was displayed was your own. Nobody was exposed to the names of other players.

1 Like

… okay, now I’m convinced someone’s beefing with me by targeting other posts made in the past. Same topic flagged, this time as spam, and enough to flag - which has now auto-hidden it until a staff member reviews.

This is not how you fight your battles.

1 Like