Can we get account wide ignore?

THey already have our characters tied together in the forums . They use that for when they do a forum suspension it suspends the entire account and not just the toon . It also is the reason you can change you avatar.

All they have to do is keep it in the background and give us an option to either ignore character or account .

Could it be that I responded before I saw your response

You see the response they give even not type the whole post just what they wanted. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

What’s the expression, oh yeah

First liar doesn’t stand a chance

1 Like

but implementation of account wide ignore would involve a change and that change has the potential to contain a glitch like the diablo four clans showing the real first and last name of all users, which is very problematic.

They don’t have to go that far. They don’t have to display anything. They just need to behind-the-scenes make an ignore to an individual character to apply to all characters on that account. It’s easy. That they haven’t already speaks volumes to a lack of care.

2 Likes

but since we are just players of world of warcraft and basic users of the forums, we don’t really know exactly how the change needs to be implemented.

1 Like

We’ve already given them the easiest solution since they already know what characters are tied to each account. They use it to suspend entire accounts fro breaking forum rules.

Oh and Ard contrary to what you might think . You do not have a right to be heard by everyone, only those that choose to listen to you

2 Likes

is it really the easiest solution, though?

1 Like

Just like in real life, you can’t force people to listen to you!

I mean if you kidnap them you can, but well that generally frowned upon

2 Likes

Uh, what? This is basic stuff.

If a character is ignored by another account, all characters on that account are also ignored by the initial account. Simple. Nothing else need be shown to the end-user, it’s all done in the background.

3 Likes

maybe you can help me understand the process then by explaining how the coding and such works and then would change during the implementation of account wide ignores?

1 Like

And how do you know this? You don’t even understand the D4 glitch, so how can you jump to such a conclusion?

whispers

The answer is you don’t :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i think it would be best to be on the safe side until blizzard makes a public statement explaining the origin/cause of the diablo 4 real name glitch and that they have taken safety procedures to ensure it never happens again.

2 Likes

How if it is done in the background? We stopped saying btags and looking for other options.

Mods Have laready said they know what characters go with each account so it shouldn’t be to hard to add account wide ignores .

No the easiest solution would be for Blizz to make the WoW forums like all their other forums and add btags. What I gave is the simplest solution without having to ad btags.

I can’t write out the code, because I’m not a coder, but this isn’t rocket science. If an account applies an ignore to another account’s character, that ignore applies to all characters associated with that account.

can you help me understand the process of coding account wide ignores into the forums, then?

1 Like

I share your concern on this matter.

1 Like

but the issue is that the current forum system doesn’t do this, so it would require some sort of change to the coding in order to make that happen, right?

1 Like

Love how only very certain people are worried about this “system”.

Why are the rest of us not worried? :face_with_monocle:

5 Likes