Can we get account wide ignore?

Oooo, a whole new account with absolutely no pets attached

4 Likes

Yet you made a forum alt to post in this topic?

Someone’s pants are on fire.

3 Likes

personally i don’t think any of those reasons you just posted are really necessary for the forums.

1 Like

Yet they are how just about every other forum in existence operates.

My citation here? I’ve deployed and maintained a few personal installations of phpBB 2 and 3.

2 Likes

Only the forum trolls and troublemakers are against it. I have yet to actually hear a good reason why it would be bad outside of the hogwash nonsense that has been debunked already.

They got nothing and it shows.

3 Likes

We keep asking for specific arguments, but…

2 Likes

the wow forums are different from other forums since they are comprised of characters within an MMORPG whereas other forums are not.

1 Like

Can’t wait to Thanos snap and watch so many trolls disappear. It will be glorious.

1 Like

Discriminating one side or the other based on your feelings usually isn’t a good idea…nor will it hasten any forum changes.

Suck it up, buttercup.

But I guess you would be supporting forum trolls, harassment, etc.

2 Likes

So, right now, let’s break down how abusable the current implementation is:

• A block/ignore currently affects just one character on the forums. This can be bypassed simply by switching to a character not already ignored, and then continuing to interact with the person who blocked them. This defeats the purpose of the block/ignore system.
  • Flags and likes are currently bound to the chosen character on the forums, not the account. A person can flag a post, switch characters, and flag it again. The same for liking it. Enough flags will automatically hide it with the message usually shown to all other readers, until moderator intervention occurs.
  • It can be used to deceptively argue on the forums, by switching characters and proceeding to argue in support of, or against, any other topic after doing so once. This artificially inflates the prevalence of an opinion.
  • Trust levels are bound to the character. One who has received action due to their conduct on one character, can interact unimpeded on another character until and unless they are also acted upon similarly.
1 Like

guild wars 2
Final Fantasy XIV
Black Desert Online
Elder Scrolls Online

2 Likes

There’s one exception - EVE Online’s forums use an active character approach, but accounts can only support 3 characters at once - and if you be banned, you be banned*.
*It’s affectionately known as CONCORDOKKEN in some cases

That is true,take a look at the whole thread .I would say it is emotionally driven.

1 Like

It becomes that way when you have 2 or 3 people making an army of sock puppets to keep arguing with people in a topic. :dracthyr_shrug:

1 Like

in my opinion, that is very likely a valid statement.

2 Likes

A cool mind makes a right decision,but a dark heart buries the discussion.

2 Likes

yeah thats very true… this is why i took a good amount of time to read through everything here in a very unbiased manner before i made any decision regarding the matter of account wide ignores.

1 Like

ahem

Still waiting for a good breakdown as to why what has been cited - both as the benefits, as well as the reasons it should be implemented - isn’t valid or is otherwise wrong.

Each argument for the account-level implementation has been explained and witnessed at some point in these forums, by multiple people - including by those in this thread.

3 Likes

8 Likes