Can we get account wide ignore?

I’m also curious of a definition of privacy that prevents people from blocking other people from their view. Seems to really be a violation of privacy to be forced to keep having to deal with someone you don’t want to.

7 Likes

Should we really be on a public forum though if we just going to block everyone we don’t like?

1 Like

A public forum doesn’t mean you have the right to be heard.

5 Likes

I mean… isn’t this exactly how you treat people? They’re only your ‘friends’ for as long as it benefits you, and then they’re cast aside once you’ve bled them dry.

3 Likes

I don’t personally ignore much. But it is handy when you have people who are actively just trashing conversations. Like someone who just posts using a stupid script repeatedly, or other things that just clutter up a thread without adding anything to it. The ignore is there for a reason, and it should actually do what it’s there to do.

3 Likes

That’s not how things have gone down, that’s a gross misinterpretation of some of the comments I made.

Unfortunately though in life sometimes we do have to keep our cool around people we don’t like in order to get ahead in the world. No different to how people used to poach people from my guilds all the time.

Why go to a forum at all then if you not going to listen to people with different opinions, kind of defeats the purpose to me,

I know most of the people in this thread I’d kick out of my house in real life, but no point placing them all on ignore here as that would defeat the point of having a debate

I don’t know how often it needs to be said before the more thick-headed among us can begin to understand. The intent of account-wide ignore is not to silence different opinions, it is not to stifle the free exchange of ideas, it is not to shut down debate.

It is certainly becoming a struggle to hold my tongue lest I say something that will impact my posting privileges, even though I earnestly believe it to be true.

7 Likes

no one is obligated to get trolled

6 Likes

What makes you think that you have the right to be heard over everyone else? I get it, it is a forum. But a forum means what exactly? It doesn’t mean your post has the right to be seen by everyone. People are free to chose to ignore anyone, for any reason they seem fit. That is the purpose of the ignore.

I could chose to ignore every in this thread and go my own way down the yellow brick road. And there is nothing the community here can do, because people have to respect my decision for what I chose to do, as to I have to also do the same and respect people’s decision for what they want to do.

4 Likes

I’ve been on the internet long enough now to know there was a time when ‘trolling’ actually had meaning, it used to mean anyone who will intentionally antagonize people online by posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments.

Now it seems to me that ‘trolling’ is just a word people use for people who rub them the wrong way, back in the day some of those pranks and jokes were quite an art form, real trolling was satirically clever actually, but people don’t seem to know the difference anymore between someone that’s really out to offend/hurt people or someone who is for all intents and purposes…just being a clown.

It’s not my desire whatsoever to simply people make people mad or just get a reaction out of people, I stand by this position strongly, that account wide ignores could lead to other kinds of harassment, as it’s never a good thing when people find too much about your real self.

I honestly, don’t know if ignoring would be considered an harassment when you don’t reply to them.

A fair question.

It has been said hatred isn’t the worst thing you can do to a person, it’s indifference.

The fact that people claim to have me on ignore but still respond to me is silly. Oh well, can always switch alts if got something I want them to hear.

If replying back to someone on ignore and they reply back to you, no, it isn’t considered harassment.

1 Like

In my opinion ,if a person can’t make a conversation gets on an alt to bring a message is only there for attention, well I guess that would be true here yet it is annoying since most people here are adults.

In the forum you don’t see them to reply to :dracthyr_shrug:
I guess some folks have that ability?

The only things people on these forums know of your ‘real self’ is what you’ve willing shared here, unsolicited. You have a tendency to over-share. Literally nobody asked; literally nobody cares. Account-wide ignores won’t change that in any way.

3 Likes

And whose alt might you be, hmm?

2 Likes

but that’s all you have demonstrated

2 Likes

200+ likes :grinning:
/salute

1 Like