Can we get account wide ignore?

Everyone has the right to privacy. But, your version of privacy and actual privacy are 2 different things. Do people not have the right to have privacy on when placing someone on ignore, that the person people ignore should not switch characters to bypass the ignore? And considering that Blizzard actually does take a pretty strong stance on harassment within the forums.

There is concequences for every action you do here on the internet.
If you do the wrong, then the concequences are going to be bad for you, but if the actions are good, then the concequences are going to be good for you. But there is concequences for every action.

If you want the privacy for sending hate messages, or dropping people like flies when they become friends with you, then you should write that down in a notebook, and hide that notebook under your pillow.

I mean, lets use 2 examples:
Example A: I find WoD a lot more better of an expansion than Legion, BfA, SL and DF altogether. And I know this is an extremely unpopular opinion. I have made my stance on this before, and guess what, nobody evaded my privacy on this. Because this is my own opinion on something inregards to the game. And as unpopular as my opinion is, it isn’t going to come back to me as something bad.

Then Example B: You with your comments in this thread where you have openly admitted to making self harm messages to people in the past, or dropping people once they become good friends with you. Stuff like that will come back on you, because once you display that sort of behaviour, or admit to doing that sort of behaviour, then the community will remember this sort of thing. It will come back onto you, because people do not tolerate this sort of thing anywhere. Harassment, self harm messages, hate speech, outright trolling, this sort of behaviour most people do not tolerate.

I mean, hey, you’re free to post what ever you want here on the forums, as long as it is related to the purpose of the forums or not in violation of the Forum Code of Conduct.

Freedom of Speech/Freedom of Expression does not protect you from Freedom of Consequences. You’re on Blizzard Platforms, you’ve agree’d to Blizzard’s rules.

9 Likes

Not just the ignores, but flags, likes, total post count, trust levels, all should be account wide.

7 Likes

Have you been abused?

Actually, in my opinion, yes, as certainly in the game itself (not on the forum) a rival guild trying to trash my reputation is commonplace.

I’m not allowed to answer that question, that’s against the code of conduct to talk about forum actions. Sorry.

It has the potential to, as when I switch alts, I do it for a reason, to start fresh, problem is all that would happen is if everyone found out who my main alt was, I would have to unsub, and get a new wow account and start completely fresh, that would be my only available course of action.

This isn’t too important, but you spelled the word consequences wrong. Not that it matters.

But to me, some areas of the internet are private safer spaces, internet stuff should never spill over into real life.

Back in the day, everyone on the internet used to do that, especially in games like Starcraft where that was the natural response if you failed a match, I’ve accepted that it’s no longer socially acceptable to do it, but I know if I play an SC2 match and let down the team I can expect such a hateful message from someone, but to me it’s water off a duck’s back, they know they are in the wrong though as 100% of the time they will block me after giving the kys message.

That’s not quite how it went down, that’s a gross misinterpretation of my actions.

It’s actually the other way around more commonly, and more often than not, friends drop me. Granted, it’s for understandable reasons. Some people move states. Sometimes people get a new job. Sometimes people get married and start families so no longer have time for a friendship with you. Most people have their own agendas and goals.

I would say most people fall on a spectrum between pathological selfishness and extreme altruism.

In the case I had to play it cool with some people before ditching them, it was because they insulted me first, but I knew I needed them and to put up with them to get ahead in the world money wise unfortunately. And I regret that I’d do the exact same thing if I was in the same situation again, as unfortunately there was nobody nicer and more tolerant around at the time so I just had to play along.

It’s no different in wow, I will tell you a secret…in some of the guilds I have had on wow, every single person that has joined and said something like ‘I will never leave your guild!’ has always left at one point or another. The only ones that have remained for so many years are the ones that have never made such a silly promise, I know for a fact that if someone says ‘I’ll never leave your guild’ it literally means that they are just there to take what they want, see how they can get ahead in the game and bugger off the minute a better deal comes along. This happens in a lot of guilds also, that people will talk dirt in the ear of other guild members, they will bide their time, then next thing you know people will mass exodus to their own stupid new guild.

That’s reality.

Reality is in life, you have to remain ahead of the game and play your cards carefully. Sometimes you got to keep your mouth shut in life and only take action at the right time.

Yes
Yes
Yes
And
Yes!

3 Likes

A little off-topic, but are you saying that theoretically, if I logged onto another alt, that was good and behaved myself, if that alt never got reported for anything, that alt could gain Trust Level 3, even if this alt got in trouble?

How does it currently work?

Only saw what was quoted from Lilithia saying they are against account-wide ignores because of the potential for it to be abused.

For myself, I am against character only ignores, because it IS already being abused.

So, please, account-wide ignores for the WoW forums, along with account-wide flags, trust levels, likes, post counts and post history.

7 Likes

It’s been said multiple times: No one is required to abide by a “start fresh”; if you later explain that you were another person that they blocked or they somehow find out, you have deceived them and breached trust.

2 Likes

The internet is not your personal diary. And before you say the internet gives you privacy, you may want to think this again, especially when every country has government agencies to monitor everyone’s behaviour online incase of such circumstances such as terrorism or threats.

Except, it does. In all circumstances. You can’t just say, “oh this person is annoying, so they should go jump off a cliff,” online, because that sort of stuff can also get you in trouble not just here on the forums, but with authorities, depending on country determinds on what sort of action can be taken too.

Back in the day, it only happened when people got toxic, and they were dealt with appropriately, depending on where abouts online they were. The same thing still applies today.

That is exactly how it went down. Would you like me to quote your post of you admitting your behaviour?

6 Likes

Let me ask you this Lilithia, you say privacy is everything to you. But what about those who use there characters to bypass people’s ignores to troll, harass or sockpuppet towards someone or groups of people? Does that person or group of people deserve no privacy because you don’t want them to have anything to help hide all the bad behaviour some people make?

5 Likes

It’s the same dumb argument that’s already been debunked or shot down multiple times in this topic alone.

It’s the same people, bypassing ignores to argue here. Basically, doing us all a favor and proving us all right about the subject.

10 Likes

I would like the complete ignore, but I do question it. If you have it, do you mean and erase of all flags and trust level, likes and counts to go with this, like a reset?

Even if it were the record would remain regardless the outcome.

I don’t know what would happen if they implement it. I have no idea if we would have to start over or if it would carry over from our current posting characters.

I would hope it would carry over, but it’s not a priority as much as getting account-wide ignores, flags, post counts, trust levels and posting history, imo.

3 Likes

This, legit this is where I’m at on this topic honestly because yes I would like to keep my level 3, all my likes given to people and received but I can also rebuild that if needed so it works for me as long as everything else was switched to account wide.

5 Likes

Inherit the current level from the one with the highest then? Folks better behave or they won’t be able to farm it back up again…

2 Likes

I’m sure most people would be okay with that because most of us post with just one character anyway and don’t alt hop, the ones that come to start drama for no reason or alt hop just to bypass ignores might have issues though with the behavior but I don’t think most people would feel bad for those people including myself so.

2 Likes

So found out why the drac pest is so against Account Wide Ignore.
He’s pretending to be someone else in his alt’s thread. That’s funny.

6 Likes

I’m sure he’s doing that in this topic as well.

1 Like

If a person has a person ignored account wide ,they are not going to give an aerial fornication what that person’s alt says because they will see

VIEW 1 HIDDEN REPLY

And know that person is not worth their time .

Now time for you to go into the ignore box

4 Likes

Exactly . We all knew months ago fresh start for them means.

“If I switch toons I can use people again that at I got to like me but found out I was actually a toxic female dog to like me until they figure it out it is me again”

Not sure what’s up with the privacy thing but since the new patch in Diablo4, they are showing your real first and last name in the Clan list. Not too happy about that.

3 Likes