Can we get account wide ignore?

See, I classify Association as a subcategory of expression. You are expressing yourself by associating or not associating with someone.

1 Like

I’m not sure what kind of mental gymnastics you performed to come to that conclusion. I’m only posting under this name…I dont have a million alts that I post under because there’s literally no point to that. Perhaps this kind of paranoia is exactly why we dont need the feature you’re demanding.

I dont think “most of you” have ignored me…where did you come up with that?

What i’m saying is that you don’t need “Account-wide ignore” …what you need to is to take responibilty for your own mental health and simply learn to fliter out the things you dont want to read instead of asking for some imaginary authority to do it for you.
I can argue this point til the cows come home, you’re not going to change my mind. I want an actual counterpoint, all I’m seeing is defending the viewpoint with no reason for it other than convenience or an inabilty to self-manage as I have already pointed out.

A forum is an exchange of ideas, you’re going to read points (apparently like this one since you’re constantly responding to it) that you dont agree with. What right should you have to “shut me up” simply because you don’t like what i’m saying? Ignoring an account entirely is silencing them (even if it’s just “for you” as you keep saying to somehow justify it) …the outcome is the same. Also, sorry but I don’t belive that people post under a million alts just to get on YOUR nerves…that’s a huge assumption and just kinda seems out-there as far as how often it would really happen.

3 Likes

I know it’s not explicitly against them, but under current CoC it may still fall under harassment if they’re using multiple characters to keep interacting with someone. That’s a heavy-lifting may though.

It. Is. Not.

You’re only losing a listener/reader.

2 Likes

It really does not work that way. They are not the same thing at all.

That is not a recognized form of personal expression at all.

3 Likes

Your the one that wrote in your first post that we were taking apart your post, how are we taking apart your post if you haven’t posted here before, make it make sense since it’s your words not mine.

Actually you just argued for account wide ignore.
People are wanting a better filtering system to filter out statements and comments from people that are problematic to them. No one is asking for Blizzard to filter out pests for the users… users are perfectly capable of deciding what kind of content they want to be exposed to. Habitually problematic posters should be allowed to filtered out with a account wide ignore, just. like. every. other. forum.

Have a nice day.

3 Likes

I will keep reminding you this:

Being ignored by one person =/= being silenced

5 Likes

And… blocked.

2 Likes

There is no reason for you to contine to say that, I got it the first time, I don’t agree with you…repeating it over and over again isn’t going to change my mind.

2 Likes

And I think pretty much everyone has indicated that’s exactly what they do. Nobody here is trying to silence dissenting opinions or opposing viewpoints. They want the ability to ignore people (people, not characters or forum avatars) who display a pattern of antisocial behavior.

If someone disagrees with me and debates in good faith, I’m here for that. If someone thinks I’m wrong or that I have a bad take, I’m absolutely willing to hear them out. What I am not willing to entertain are people who just want to troll, gaslight, and antagonize others for the sheer sociopathic joy of it. The people who just want to revel in the misery and unhappiness they cause.

I can’t and won’t speak for anyone else, but my first reaction is never to hit the ignore button.

6 Likes

Hmm, who else is repeating something over and over again

Hmmmmm

4 Likes

This, I left the Undead Mage and the Vulpera Warrior off my ignore way past everyone else in this thread basically but eventually I did ignore both of them because I realized they were just harassers, trollers, sockpuppeters, etc. trying to derail the thread and added nothing to the conversation.

2 Likes

And yet I asked you a question.

I have been ignored by a couple of people on this site before, despite your logic of “Being ignored = being silenced”, why do I still have the ability to post here on this site?

I have been repeating the “Being ignored =/= being silenced”.

3 Likes

Posting here is a pigment of your imagination. A stain on your reality.

(hopefully you catch the joke)

1 Like

Boooooo… take your heart and carry on.

1 Like

Well…

Don’t you…

BReak my heart… my achey breaky heart!

1 Like

She wants privacy, and she wants to invade others privacy at the same time, lol.

7 Likes

Oh good, I see we have a snowflake wanting a safe space where they can speak and everyone has to listen to them in here.

6 Likes

Don’t worry… they will be back with another alt to post on. It’s a reoccurring thing based off their post history. Run into a thread, start a spicy take, eventually realize people have had enough of him, dip out onto a fresh alt.

3 Likes

See, I called this and they acted like they haven’t been here before while saying that we took apart their post, it’s like pick your lane.

1 Like