Can we get account wide ignore?

Tools aren’t in place to cause it to happen.

With these more advanced ignores though…

Does it happen on any of the many many forums where these tools are already available?

5 Likes

No, it absolutely can happen. There is nothing stopping one group of people from completely ignoring another group. Why aren’t they?

In our case people still have hatchets in hand.

So, people carrying hatchets are somehow excluded from this supposed hivemind?

Why isn’t it happening on the Overwatch forums? Or the Diablo forums? Or literally ANY other Blizzard forum where account-wide ignore is already a thing?

5 Likes

Interesting way to write “People are fed up with my bad faith contrarianism”

4 Likes

Have been for months.

3 Likes

Those games have different iterations that have a beginning and an end.

WoW has never had an end, allows for more steadfastness of a stubborn variety to ferment over time between the players who stick around.

Irrelevant to the subject at hand.

5 Likes

No, it cuts the kinds of communities those games have or had.

WoW is never ending, with no tie off point.

and what if they did?

i don’t understand how you think this is problematic in any way.

the sky wouldn’t fall.

people are capable of thinking for themselves.
i doubt everyone would put someone on ignore just because someone told them to.
…and even if they did, there’s still 99% of the forum users left for the poster to interact with.

you know what creates a division between players?

when the “influencers” request that their minions do things like /spit on players who own a particular mount, or spam toys in one spot to cause server instability.

…because even bad publicity is publicity.

4 Likes

Still doesn’t matter to the subject of whether a standard ignore will somehow lead to consequences not seen in other places that have them.

4 Likes

When the game becomes more about how hard you slap it with your wallet then expect some push back.

Oh the priorities here

2 Likes

So don’t be one of those people that trolls, harasses, sockpuppets, jumps alt to alt, etc. and you won’t have a problem today, tomorrow, a year from now, ten years from now and so on, being a good person isn’t hard.

9 Likes

I like how their last post makes it clear they think that people being able to ignore other people is a bad thing, but a large streamer encouraging in game harassment, that’s just to be expected. It’s quite the look.

6 Likes

shop items have existed for 15 years.
collectors editions have existed even longer.

doing something as pathetic as crashing servers because you don’t like a store item, is MUCH more of an attempt to divide the playerbase than a forum ignore could ever accomplish.

7 Likes

i think i’ve lost enough braincells for now.

i need a nap.

it was a hectic morning.

5 Likes

Pretty sure the Retail base would be upset if someone could drop an extra 100 bucks on top of an expansion purchase to get a unique flying mount, that comes with flying right off the expansion start when everyone else have to wait to the next top level cap.

BC just warranted a bigger response since Blizzard was upsetting the balance of an authentic experience over greed.

So, more stuff you’ve pulled out of your rear end and has no actual connection to reality?

5 Likes