Can we get account wide ignore?

Since no one here can arbitrate who deserves what then this will be an ongoing issue for debate.

Oh come on they couldn’t even back up a :articulated_lorry: into a

Let alone back up what they say

3 Likes

The playbook for the group opposed to this change appears to be to confuse fact and opinion, then since they think their argument is fact, invent whatever justification they feel is necessary.

4 Likes

is it because their head is so big w/ all the lies they keep in there?

3 Likes

What posters mistake is that there is an argument to be won for changes to take place.

Doesn’t work that way.

In an event of an agreement, you would loose almost instantly, since you seem to be unable to respond to the actual argument without attacking the person/group making it.

3 Likes

It’s good to see this thread alive and well. Especially with so many examples of people who are on my ignore yet they still keep popping-up in this thread on new characters to continue to push nonsense about how the system is working.

It’s not. It’s terrible at best and needs a feature to help people like me who no longer wish to see or read posts by another player who is clearly going out of their way to troll or to harass others, or even those who I simply choose to disengage with (yet they desperately need to try and enforce their engagement on) providing post after post, proving the system is not good enough.

Thank you to those on my ignore list still showing up as “VIEW # HIDDEN REPLY” for showing that this thread is so desperately needed. Your support in the matter is needed and appreciated.

16 Likes

Once more, it doesn’t work that way and its pretty evident that some on here are more emotionally invested in me being upset than actually having a forum that benefits everyone.

Please, god yes. There is a persistent collection of players who lurk these forums and reek of pessimism. It’s just so tiring and stressful.

I legit just did that with the Undead Mage after reading their replies in this thread while being away so agreed it’s much better to just ignore the trolling people and this thread is a great place to find them for your list.

5 Likes

So do I! I think I will go argue with it, it’s got to be at least more engaging then arguing with all the sock-puppet accounts in this thread

Asking for an account-wide ignore on the forums is two months old.

Before that we were asking for Btag posting, but apparently that was unacceptable according to you and the usuals, despite the fact that the supposed, inaccurate argument was that if someone had your Btag they could find out your personal information somewhow, so this was the compromise.

Strangely, this is also equally unacceptable. For reasons.

I say we go back to asking for Btag posting, personally, if anything at all that might restrict people’s ability to sockpuppet, troll and harass is going to be shot down with equal vehemence.

And even if it was brought up a long time ago, the solution isn’t to then just shrug and be like, “Oh well, guess the answer’s no” and kick rocks. The solution is to keep asking for it, so that if it’s on the back burner due to being a low priority, it gets moved to a higher priority.

People asked for High Elves in the Alliance for about a billion years, and they finally added High Elf customizations to Void Elves and Blood Elves. They decided that there would be no flying going forward from WoD on, and the uproar from the community changed their plans. If they don’t think that trolling, sockpuppeting and harassment on the forums are a problem, then they need to be convinced by seeing people continue to ask for changes.

Squeaky wheels get grease.

But you know that, or you wouldn’t still be here, trying so hard to shut down anything that might improve people’s ability to control their experience on the forums. If it was just a matter of “this’ll never happen” you wouldn’t feel compelled to still be here, saying the same stuff over and over again, being one of the most prolific posters on the thread.

Fun fact: You can see in the posting history where this thread almost died out for a while when Ard and Uulomul/Doobly/Khrog stopped posting. Suddenly. At the same time. Weird. If you guys stopped coming in to pick fights, this whole thing would’ve died weeks ago. So thanks for your efforts! :+1:

Aaaaah, this one again? A classic.

Once again, the answer to “they won’t do this” is “we’ll just keep asking, then”. Feel free to cruise on to other more important things as we do!

5 Likes

Indeed.

Surprising, but good. I can only hope that perhaps it will stay up long enough to serve as a reminder to Blizzard that the forums as a whole are in desperate need of an overhaul - particularly when it comes to user safety. We need things like account-wide ignores, proper two-way blocks, and forum-specific names with the option for additional char-server display.

Well if posters didn’t come in here looking to make good on call outs then there wouldn’t be any issue.

But here we are again, same posters with the same hatchets in hand.

those changes were made by Discourse.
nothing to do with Blizzard.

if the current ignore system actually worked, i wouldn’t even know you were replying to me, or even posting at all.

with a proper ignore feature, the ignored poster ceases to exist.

8 Likes

Then you’re left with a forum that’s divided between posters that hate each other.

Creating even more division over already fractured player base.

you seem to think there’s some conspiracy where the forum is “groups” of people who are going to conspire among themselves to put each other on ignore.

aside from that notion being completely ridiculous, if people put each other on ignore instead of fighting, this would be a better place.
there are no negatives.

feel free to explain how a functional ignore could cause division…

5 Likes

Creates a disconnect that eventually kills the forums.

Plus it could mess with whatever metrics of data Blizzard pulls off of this site.

1 Like

And how are all the other Blizzard forums not dead then?

3 Likes

Different games with narrower player bases.

Plus they have their own problems.