Can we get account wide ignore?

That seems like a loaded question.

That’s a funny way of saying “I don’t have an answer that doesn’t reflect poorly on me.”

10 Likes

Well if you’re prepared to already have your own answers then you don’t need me to elaborate.

Well, when I was pointing out that not many people (if any) are saying that they need the account ignore to completely fix the forums, but as a QOL improvement for when people abuse the system to bother people, so what is hopefully an infrequent need, but something that when you need it, it would be nice to have. You responded to that with an unrelated statement about the imaginary consequences of an ignore system like most forums have rather than the point I made.

6 Likes

This isn’t a simple issue.

I don’t know what else I can tell you.

1 Like

And that is a long-winded way of saying “I don’t have an answer because I don’t actually believe the stuff I’m posting.”

4 Likes

Whatever is said here won’t make forum changes come any faster.

No matter how much vitriol is thrown behind it.

2 Likes

And your non-answers won’t delay it, either

4 Likes

I mean, you keep saying that, but I’ve yet to see you present any logical reason why it isn’t.

3 Likes

This topics length alone is testament to why it’d be a bad idea.

1 Like

How about you explain the logic behind that statement?

Especially since the person who has posted the most by at least double is a troll on a burner account spamming the thread?

5 Likes

He said a logical reason.

5 Likes

Just look at the conduct of posters on both sides.

None of the vitriol is justified.

1 Like

I’ve been here for a while. And I can tell you that from everything I’ve seen this thread is basically a giant testimonial to why they need to fix the easily exploitable infinite accounts thing that is beloved by trolls and harassers.

Despite your bothsidesing this.

7 Likes

There’s no point making any forum changes where people are just going to find a way to abuse it anyway.

Just creates new problems.

At the end of the day it just isn’t that big of a deal.

1 Like

And yet you’re REALLY defensive of being able to alt hop without limit.

I mean, I really don’t care if it gives people problems like “I use people and then when people catch on to me, I like to change characters and start again without a trail” or “I want to bother people no matter how many of my characters they try to ignore”

And I haven’t seen any other realistic problems brought up by anyone.

And no “Magically everyone on the forums will ignore the same people thereby locking them out of the forums forever and ever despite the fact that that is not how humans work” is not a realistic problem.

4 Likes

Witch hunting isn’t much of a better alternative.

1 Like

Still not realistic

Also, if someone wanted to do it, they have other ways of doing that which are way less work and more reliable than the laughable suggestions I’ve seen of how it would work.

3 Likes

Then we have reached yet another deadlock.

1 Like

Just don’t even bother. He’ll keep talking in circles, while adding nothing productive to the discussion.

8 Likes