Can we get account wide ignore?

If it worked perfectly this thread wouldn’t exist. Blues have said they a looking into bringing these forums inline with the others.

1 Like

tell me what is wrong with the current ignore system please.

if you see someone you dont want to talk to, you click ignore…

then you don’t have to see them again.

like almost a year ago… you really think that’s happening? especially since the forums work perfectly as they currently are?

Doobly still in here not knowing what they are talking about. Wild.

1 Like

well let’s just take a look at what i’ve explained thus far:

is there anything you see here that is not correct?

That is Khrog. They never know what they are talking about.

4 Likes

How many years did Blizzard take to bring Classic Servers online?

If that was the case, then why did the blues say this last June. Again, if they was working perfectly you wouldn’t see these threads, and people like you would be on perma ignore.

The normal functionality of the forums allow for a single user to post from an account. This is how all of our other game forums work (i.e. Overwatch, StarCraft, Diablo, etc…). That is the original functionality.

The World of Warcraft forums have always allowed player to post using their characters, showing their class, realm, link to their achievements and experience, etc… When we were switching to a new forum system we wanted to retain that functionality, because that is how it has always worked. Unfortunately, the default functionality of the system did not allow for it, so some tweaks needed to be made to allow it for WoW.

It works, but there are limitations in it that has been less than stellar.

That has provided feedback both internally and externally, which will eventually see some changes to help resolve those issues. It is not a simple task though, it takes time.

They are working on it.

2 Likes

well let’s take a look at this thread then, ok?

so if you are so sure that blizzard is going to change the forums, why are you here continuously posting?

if you truly believed that, then you wouldn’t bother making these threads or posting in them, is that correct?

why do people keep thinking that classic wow has anything to do with how the forums function?

they are two completely different topics.

He made another reply after that months ago saying that they know their are isuse with the current system and are looking at changes but that it would take time.

Appearantly to Doobly/Khrog andf others if it hasn’t been done in less then a month it will never happen .

3 Likes

if you truly believe that, why do you continuously post on these threads?

if that were true, then there’s no reason to post on the forums about it, right?

To be fair Classic servers had way more then people making threads on the forums. I’m sure if people got a former dev to hand deliver a petition with 200k+ signatures Blizzard might care more but we all know that will never happen.

Because keeping up the topic helps to remind them of the issues and hopefully gets them to do thing sooner .

And if you honestly don’t believe they know there are issues well here goes

(Sorry Vrakthris)

I can tell you we’re already very much aware of the limitations of the current version of the forums and we want to update them. That isn’t as easily said as done though and “revamping” aesthetics is not at all similar to back-end functionality that was built into these forums which essentially needs to be rebuilt to accommodate new functionality.

3 Likes

well that post was discussing the problems with the btag thread and why it got shut down. which is the same reason that like 5 other btag threads were removed.

it seems like the issue was with the btag threads themselves, honestly.

Nah, it was probably just you.

1 Like

irrelevant. They want to update the forums and it’s gonna take some time. So much for “perfection”.

ok, well if you are so sure, why not go and ask them directly for an update on their progress regarding this?

i only participated in the most recent btag thread, so it could not have been me… thank you for your input, though, friend. i greatly appreciate it :slight_smile:

It’s too easy to bypass and continue to harass people.

Given the continual modifications. Yes I think they’re still working on it.

2 Likes

why don’t you ask them for an update regarding the progress then?

Look, Doobs. Can I call you Doobs? Maybe Doobles? Anyway, while your positive response to criticism is refreshing, it reads rather like that annoying Dwarf who stumbles into threads to espouse a dumb opinion couched in saccharine-sweet wishes for a good day.

4 Likes

well if that is your opinion, you are free to hold your opinion my dear friend.

i hope you have a wonderful day :slight_smile: