Can we get account wide ignore?

https://64.media.tumblr.com/244ddbcfd65ed58c9a39502a4cc0d63e/tumblr_mk4wzmQefX1s6lnymo1_250.gif

2 Likes

3 Likes

Aye! That be me beard! Don’t wear it out now.

2 Likes

a blue post has confirmed that sock puppetting is not very common

1 Like

What resources ? The forum program is outsourced Blizzard doesn’t program it .
The company that does all of Blizzards Forums made it with modification all they would need to do is revert it to the standard forum program all the other Blizzard forums use .

Now once again you explain why having to ignore 160 toons per person is better then ignoring just the person themself and please don’t respond if you are not going to answer the actual question .

1 Like

blizzard has to pay discourse to make any changes. discourse doesn’t just make changes for free.

cost-benefit analysis.

sock puppetting isn’t very common (as mentioned by blue post)

and it would cost blizzard lots of money to make discourse change the forums

1 Like

I’m done with you troll

4 Likes

sounds good, i’ve already explained my position complete with a citation of a blue post.

Tacos for everyone. Imagine if mages could manifest tacos on their refreshment table instead of mage cakes. Or… why not both?

#Accountwideignore&tacosplz!

4 Likes

Thinking out loud, why is convenience a bad word?

2 Likes

I love that wanting to make things better and more in-line with the rest of the blizz forums gets certain people’s backs up. Like when they pretend like the current forums are perfect and amazing, or that b-tags are “private info”.

Thankfully, we have blue posts indicating that they would like to make the forums better and hint towards a more b-tag oriented system.

It’s also likely that Blizz has a contract with Discourse (as many large organizations do) which likely includes updates and modifications. As discourse already setup the other forums with b-tags, I’m hopeful that they’ll do the same for this forum.

Ignore the person, not the posting character.

And yes, definitely make it convenient for people to ignore others without having to copy-pasta the name, server, alts and new characters they create.

18 Likes

It’s not. It’s really not much of an argument, but it felt as if they were trying to downplay it as if we’re just too lazy to ignore someone :dracthyr_shrug:

2 Likes

The things that are made to be convenient are not always better. This gif for example: Dude weilding the scythe is using less convenient means, getting the job done faster; but down the road will likely have more back problems as he ages than guy with the weed whacker. Also, though he’s got a small swath of grass done faster, dude with the weed whacker could probably do more cutting for longer because he’s not exhausting his physical muscles in the same way.

You gotta weigh short and long term benefits all around.

1 Like

and the logical conclusion from that is… it still happens… and we have to ignore 160 characters across all platforms. they could make a HUGE dent in it if they just wouldn’t allow classic toons to post on this forum.

1 Like

yes i would agree here, it is merely a convenience to be able to ignore someone without having to use copy-paste.

but that’s all it is, a simple convenience.

copy paste has never shown to have any issues anywhere before.

and i would like to state that it is not against the rules of the wow forum to disagree with someone as long as you are polite and professional about it.

and that’s what i’ve done: ive politely and professionally communicated my disagreement while explaining why i disagree.

Bro, I now want to start a mowing business where I cut grass with a scythe. Thank you for the idea!

1 Like

I’ve done that. I assure you, you and your spine and knees really do not want to pursue this path. It does look cool though.

Edit: Also if you stumble and misstep while you’re swinging, you can amputate your foot or fall on that blade. Sooooo… make sure your life insurance policy and last will and testament are up to date.

3 Likes

That person is one of the sock puppets that’s been coming in here off and on for months causing discourse on purpose - of course that’s what they had to say about it :roll_eyes:

Pffff, just wear shin guards

1 Like

But those are for convenience. We’re not about that song and dance around here. Go big or go home.

1 Like