Can we get a 1.12 server?

Can we please just have one single pvp server in which we can have confidence things won’t be changed constantly?

As a result, we’ve arrived at the decision to disable Honor decay in Classic Era and Season of Discovery. This will become effective starting with scheduled weekly maintenance (on December 5 in this region).

Heck make it a fresh while you’re at it and most vanilla players will probably be happy :slight_smile:

18 Likes

The changes are getting pretty annoying. Especially the Era ones because only the seasons should be the devs messy playgrounds (and this one is very much looking to be exactly that).

This was one of the main concerns and is why the snidely stated “Just play Era” was never that simple of a solution.

I’m at the point where I don’t even want to fight anything and am just ready to move on. There is a lot lately that I haven’t even commented on. Yep, some people will think it’s funny that I said that. I don’t care.

It’s like never-ending developer pet projects to either appease people who don’t even enjoy the game or to feed people who will happily accept anything that gets thrown at them. This showed pretty clearly with Wrath and it just keeps happening.

13 Likes

Yeah I feel you.

Every update seems to bring the game closer to retail and away from Era.

HC was cool because it made the game a bit harder, but I’m starting to feel we got tricked by a trojan horse - it pushed Era to 1.14, reduced the difficulty of ranking and the amount of WSG games instantly dropped dramatically, and opened the door for even more changes.

Now we are at 1.15 and ranking is again nerfed…

Although it was quiet when TBC launched, Era servers were growing massively before these updates on their own merits because the game is awesome, it kinda sucks that each patch seems to be throwing away more and more of vanilla.

I only sub to play Era because it was like vanilla. I hope we can have the museum we were sold on when we paid to xfer our toons. Or a fresh that will be left on the 1.12 patch… without changes.

6 Likes

They took your advice!

1 Like

They reduced the difficulty of ranking so you didn’t have to quit your job and play for 18 hours a day, buy gold, account share, and collude with the other faction to artificially increase the total players engaged with PVP through things like pool parties.

TL;DR
They nerfed ranking so you don’t have to be a NEET and cheat to get rank 14.

6 Likes

I know… I regret writing that

But when something starts with ‘At this point’ kinda hints that maybe it isn’t advice that should be taken.

You might get a fresh sometime but I doubt mightily that Blizz will ever make a server that isn’t on the retail engine.

1 Like

I’m not sure it is really a fresh if it has 1.14 ranking scheme with 1.15 removal of decay. It would need massive throttling of pvp gear (without a no ranking phase 1 because that’s also kinda boring), or else most other gear will be totally invalidated.

I don’t mind if they throw a 1.12 on retail engine - but all the changes so far don’t really play well with a fresh server.

It might not be, but there’s about a 0% chance you’re getting 1.12.

Yep, and it’s not just ranking. This new thing is a continuation down the path. I’ve already posted so much about the rank changes in the past that I don’t even really have a lot left to say (to quote another poster in the blue thread, ranking was different and unique, something that could be found nowhere else in WoW or in any other game, now it’s just another rep grind).

At this point, things go beyond the rank changes. As you know already.

I wouldn’t be surprised if within a year and a half the runes are in Era too.

There doesn’t seem to be a lot of care given to the people who fought for the "Vanilla’ realms in the first place. While I think it’s nice a “Vanilla” Era exists at all even though the tbc and Wrath fans have gotten nothing it’s still disappointing.

2 Likes

meh, I just canceled my sub, it expires tomorrow.

Maybe I’ll be back but I don’t really care to be involved all this retailization of vanilla.

7 Likes

Not everyone has 18 hours a day to play, if you don’t like it… Simply don’t play.

Godspeed young paladin.

You will be missed.

2 Likes

Thanks for trying to just keep things the same in a legacy game. That shouldn’t be a lot to ask for.

7 Likes

Absolutely no reason to completely remove decay. Quit being obtuse. Also, many pieces of raid gear will be invalidated because people just have to facerool pvp for a little bit to get the best pvp gear. There are ripple effects your kind never seem to point out. Purposely done imo.

2 Likes

Classic Honor ranking is severely outdated.

They already made it easier. Not sure why people would be interested in classic when they want to completely get rid of fundamental systems. Its almost like they don’t actually enjoy the game.

3 Likes

Also invalidated early raid gear is a huge implication that people for this change will conveniently gloss over.

Won’t be to far behind. My sub expires early January. At least I can look at this + thing. Not getting hopes up over it tho.

1 Like

Classic era is 2.5 years old. If you don’t have early raid gear, that’s on you. R14 PvP gear is mid-range gear at best.