Can we fix blood DPS?

Since they fixed Ret DPS, can we fix Blood DK DPS as well.

Honestly, a couple quick changes would make it at least competitive.

12 Likes

Isn’t blood mostly a tank spec?

7 Likes

Blood Worms should do 10000 DPS.

11 Likes

Nah, it was the primary DPS spec prior to the patch that classic wrath launched with

4 Likes

Dancing Rune Weapon should be a permanent pet, the same way the ghoul works for Unholy.

6 Likes

Fair enough.

Well, I hope you get what you want!

1 Like

I still recall tanking as blood and people laughing at me in OG wotlk.

Imagine my surprise when wotlk classic dropped and you’re expected to be blood to tank.

2 Likes

Mark of Blood should cause the target to bleed for 500% of the damage inflicted while the debuff is in effect (every 2 seconds for 60 seconds).

7 Likes

Or, it might be fun to increase the proc rate of death coil and each death coil increases the duration of DRW by 3 secs

2 Likes

Much appreciated!!!

1 Like

Sudden Doom should be a 33/66/100% chance to instantly-cast Death Coil whenever Heartstrike is used.

Lol, yeah frost was originally the best tank spec,

Honestly, it would just make the game better if all 3 specs were viable as both roles

4 Likes

I don’t think 33% would be unreasonable especially with the heart strike nerf with this patch

Rune Tap should increase all physical damage dealt by 100% while the ability is on cooldown.

3 Likes

Yep.

If you weren’t frost you got laughed at. It made the most sense to me to tank as blood with the self heals and never once regretted it.

Definitely was a shock when I jumped into wotlk classic and everyone and their grandma is blood for tanking with the interspersed frost tanks here and there.

Heard of a couple unholy tanks, but haven’t really seen any.

2 Likes

Blood as a DPS is fine, it’s better than people think and also has some self healing capability.

1 Like

as a world class blood knight with a BPA of 99.9 and multiple standing world records on 10m I offer you this insight:

No.

1 Like

Yeah, the unholy dropped off early in original wrath just didn’t have the mitigation

But making all 3 able to go any way just helps the game and it may swap up the meta a bit which is never a bad thing

It’s ok, but def needs a buff, just like ret got, doesn’t need anything OP, just a little more competitive

Great insight and so thoughtful,