Can we finally get playable the high elves?

Theres not really anything thalassian that cant be given to void elves and have it not work for them since they are still high elves even if they glow blue sometimes :stuck_out_tongue:

But any need for a new stand alone race has gone, as well as anything unique they could have brought to the table.

4 Likes

While I’m not going to say it’ll never happen, I also don’t see a great need for a new AR when it can be provided with what we have.

I feel like it’s similar to Wildhammer.

They should have been their own thing at one time but now they’re already mixed in with another race as an option.

Adding more customization to that end and maybe an alternate racial you can toggle at a npc is what makes the most sense.

Void elves and high elves seem like they may be coming together in the story as well further making the similarity between them and the Wildhammer.

1 Like

Darling, darling.
I’m the highest elf.
Behold me.

2 Likes

Glory to the Quel’dorei! I wish for both this and proper architecture indicative of Alliance Quel’dorei design instead of Kaldorei for no reason.

8 Likes

Yeah, these two are currently in the same boat where they are both customization based races but with wrong racials and name tags.

They could exist as their own race but if Blizzard is going the customization rout they should fully commit for all the customization races.

Could be as simple as “Storm Form” for WH and “Arcane Embrace” for HE.

Racial Tags already exist oddly when you change races with a toy so it would not be hard.

Aside from that there really isn’t anything but more bare bones/militaristic/celtic haircuts. And those work just fine for Void Elves.

Maybe hair feathers and Alleria type Void Markings but again those would work just fine for Void Elves.

They could always just add them as their own race anyway. Earthen pretty much prove their is no stopping that.

If they did in Midnight I vote San’layn for Horde. “Or Forest Trolls since San’layn would work in The Last Titan just as well”

3 Likes

I thought earthen were just dwarf clones at first, but looking at their customisation options, its actually become clear theyre a lot more than that and are pretty unique.
Ignoring the height difference between earthen and dwarves, i dont think they could have given normal dwarves metal fiber hair with shiny metal colours and gems sticking out through their armor.

This isnt something that could be said for something like high elves where its nothing more than politics and a name change that stops them being blood elves.

2 Likes

I disagree with this assessment. They very much could have added any of it to the dwarves. The earthen show that there are no rules or reason to think any race for any reason is out of the running for an AR slot.

3 Likes

Regular dwarves could have metal hair, colourful stone skin, and gems sticking out of their body?
Earthen and dwarves are linked but 2 different races and not even just by wow terminology.

1 Like

A few customization options I guess. LH Draenei was a bad allied race to add and it should have just been customization options.

3 Likes

It would work the same as the high elf skin tones.

earthen ones would give you access to the gems and the metal hair.

There isn’t a reason it couldn’t have been added to dwarves at all with the current system, just as they’ve done with high elves and wildhammer.

Only reason they’re available as their own thing that would separate them would be that they’re available to both sides.

1 Like

This applies to every allied race that isn’t: Zandalari, Vulpera, Nightborne, or Kul Tirans.

I dunno, i just dont think its a fair comparison to say that this

being separate to dwarves is no different to making high elves a separate race

i would have agreed back when blizzard was using this as their promo for them

why they went with that as their introduction to us i have no idea

2 Likes

They pretty much are still.

The are standard Warcraft Dwarves first and foremost. Just with the Stoneform racial always on.

They ride (Storm) Gryphons despite having their culture develop separately, drink beer despite not being organic, and ride (Stone) Rams.

The even have a split population that must come together just like the current playable Dwarves had before Cataclysm. More or less a repeat.

The height differences isn’t that major. Just about a heads difference.

The ‘Metal’ hair looks so much like normal hair that people are still complaining they added standard hair even after HD pictures of the options are shown. Rather than being made out of Crystal or Gemstones or Semiprecious Stones.

They are a perfect example of Blizzard using an existing template with a few coats of paint. They did not divert from the established Dwarf template at all.

And we’ve seen earthen before. All these new features are out of the blue and means the same could be done for any race already existing in lore.

The entire race could have been a “Cure for the curse of flesh” customization option.

3 Likes

Hopefully Midnight will FINALLY let us play the Real Alliance Elves.

2 Likes

When you put it like that
 Whoa, these Stone Dwarves are lazy. Why are they 1:1 Dwarves
 Just Stone. Why aren’t they at least unique in culture and mount choices?

Many people don’t know this because they are too focused on child tug and war games on the forums unfortunately.

We have two factions who can play high elves- Blood Elves are a political faction of High Elves. They are ethnically high elves. They are.
Void elves are also genetically the same people. They are all Quel’dorei. If you make a void elf, you can see “High Elf Wayfarer” NPCs all over the starting area, learning void techniques alongside the blood elf deserters. During the void elf allied race unlock scenario, you will see high elves running around with other players, helping them. Yes, void elves have some special powers, but they are high elves. Yes, they are.

Don’t want to do the void thing? Great, use the standard skin tones and turn off the void tentacle hair toggle. Take their little teleport racial off your bars.

Now, OP may mean they want woad war paint ala warcraft 2 for their elves- and they’d be right to. But that’s not a reason to make a copy of the two playable races that are those exact same people in the lore. In the continued upcoming character customizations we will very likely get that warpaint. Make your void elf hunter, make them blonde or brunette or whatever, pick a braided hairstyle, pick your warpaint customization, and go tame your wolf or whatever.

But don’t say that we don’t have playable high elves. We have that twice- because, again- Sin’dorei are a political faction of Quel’dorei. They’re the same people. Ren’dorei are Sin’dorei and Quel’dorei who have some special powers. They’re the same people.

yes, they are. Sorry! It’s true. You have high elves. : )

6 Likes

I think what people really want to see is a changed blue berry racial and high elf subrace title. I personally would love to see this happen for the Wildhammers too, because I’m generally not a big fan of dwarves but the Wildhammers really hit a soft spot with me.

3 Likes

thank you for voicing high elf topic in community council. thank you for everything. :heart:

I really would like to skip war within and go to The Midnight expansion instead.

3 Likes

Agreed, and I honestly struggle to understand why so many still oppose to a legitimate request.

If we can agree that, e.g, Human playable race refers only to Storwind Humans, then helf fans should be allowed to ask for the specific group of thalassian elves:

• that remained loyal to the Alliance since WC2, regardless of their kingdom’s choice, and have a long history of siding with the Alliance (WOTLK, MOP, BFA, etc)
  • that decided not to suck mana out of living creatures or fel crystals, and didn’t turn to the Void either (therefore do not get confronted when entering SW’s cathedral)
  • that have unique racials which delve in their arcane heritage
  • that have a name tag that clearly stands out for what they are. Gosh even Telogrus Rift shows distinction between “Silvermoon scholar” and “High elf farstrider”

Immersion is important in a RPG and these aspects do matter to many players.

7 Likes