Can we finally get playable the high elves?

I 100% do. I question if you do.

There are some things one should not be, or at least not have to be, flexible on.

Once again, I 100% am and 100% do, and question the validity of your insinuated assertion. Kael went nuts, (because blizzard thought making him a loot pinata was what people would like, and “they went crazy!!!” was their typical crappy story-writing go to) allied with the Legion, and attacked the wrong people. Nothing else to it. Anything else is just utterly baseless speculation on your part, which admittedly at the very least SEEMED to be the implication in canon until blizz started showing that aside from those who embrace the new Swell (which is stated and demonstrated to either not be the majority, or at the very least not a large one) the belves still mostly cling to their old habits, which more or less amounts to a cultural difference between them and helves.

Sadly that comes from text that has long been lost as Blizz’s website has changed.

However… what do you think the canonical point was of torrent being what restored your mana and energy, and not tap? Why would torrent be what completed the process of draining magic, if it wasn’t part of the same process and teachings…? This on top of it never demonstrated that helves have ever had this ability…

I agree. You can rp all you want. Just don’t try to encourage blizz to mess with the lore so those of us who are into most blood elves being canonically depicted how they always have mostly been since the now non-canon RPG get screwed further. Bad enough we lost the original bloodknights. It not only takes from us who literally started playing the game for that depicted characterization of blood elves, it encourages a blander, milquetoast, less exclusively warcraftian elf, in favor of something you basically find in all fantasy, that you can just rp if you want it.

I certainly do hope this thread is not representative of the fanbase.

I’m sorry, but did you miss the part where he literally said he wants the Sin’dorei to start calling themselves Quel’dorei again? He isn’t protecting jack💩 man. He may not be blue, but calling him anything other than a poisonous helfer isn’t true.

Gonna stop you there. Imo, Blood elves have never been one of the Horde’s more heroic races. Aside from how the Blood Knights became, they have always been very gray, and morally ambiguous. Even Lor’themar, who may sound like a super hero, and comes from the Farstriders who have always arguably been the least controversial parts of the belves, is a pragmatic leader more than a heroic figure.

The Horde’s orcs are more heroic, along with the Tauren arguably. Blood elves don’t have to bring anything new or unique to the Horde, and in fact I’d argue them doing so would only risk making them seem even less like they make sense as being part of the Horde, which should be avoided at all costs. However, because the blood elves DO have blood knights and whatever other boring nu sunwell lovers… they do TECHNICALLY have some heroic members to bring to the horde. Even if I don’t really think that should be the belves predominant depiction.

Blood elves HAVE abused, and made victims of many. High Elves were never one of them… high elves were too proud even by elf standards, and moralistic for their own good and yet at the same time selfish for putting their principles above the stability of their nation, when it desperately needed it to survive.

Blood elves have too much appeal to be forgotten and ignored. Leaning harder into their more villainous-seeming aspects is the best choice. It was easier to write for them when the lore did that. Their heroic group can still be there if needed, but the fact there’s perception the blood elves HAVE to be heroic when that isn’t how people originally liked them is nuts.

Where…?

When it suits you.

Better question is… do you?

That implication has been contradicted in game multiple times at this point. Some did, some didn’t. And that’s good.

More like existing lore since tbc before the Fury of the Sunwell patch. (I hated them having us kill Kael and Illidan, but I didn’t reject it…)

I used to, yeah. Because it was awful lore. Regressed blood elves into little more than high elves with a little more emphasis on light worship, with said light worship only serving to make them more like nearly every iconic alliance race, which in turn only serves people who want to play horde humans or zealous High elves, instead of Blood elves specifically. If you can’t see how that’s garbage writing, then your interests and priorities suck.

Then it was made clear the apparent implications at the end of tbc were not entirely accurate, and as a result I accept most of the lore, if not all.

Source?

On this, at least, we can agree.

5 Likes

Worst thread to ever be kept alive, so many better threads that needed love lol

6 Likes

you know why this thread is why dont play dumb.

I don’t want this thread alive, but refuse to let the filth just stockpile :poop: in here without at least planting seeds of value in it.

2 Likes

Eh, so are Darkspear Trolls, Draenei, and a few others if we’re honest.

Look, my position has always been that if someone called a Blood Elf a, ‘High Elf,’ to their face, they’d be so insulted the fool would be left on the floor missing teeth and covered in magical burns. So yeah, I agree that it’s ridiculous to think the Blood Elves would start calling themselves High Elves again.

I just think that individual likes the race and tries to protect it in their own way. But, that’s just my opinion from how they post.

I mean… next to the Orcs or the Forsaken, even Goblins look pretty heroic.

No matter what is said or believed, this topic will not go away until a circle with a High Elf face in is shown on the Alliance side of character creation screen.

The current Horde’s Orcs are very heroic for the most part though… they just had a bit of a fall off under Garrosh.

Agree, Forsaken definitely villainous. And I want belves at least pseudo villainous so it makes sense for them to get along. Though even they seem to be having that dialled back for some dumba$$ reason. Friggin nu blizz disney writing…

Oh you naive fool… even that wouldn’t be enough.

3 Likes

I think the horse is not only dead, it’s been raised and killed too many times.

There’s a difference between honorable warriors, and being heroic. Thrall taking on the responsibility as the pseudo Aspect of Earth-heroic, Cairne challenging Garrosh to Mak’gora in an attempt to end his madness- heroic, Dranosh Saurfang charging the Lich King-heroic.

Even as a Horde player I realize there are scant few NPC’s who have actually acted purely heroically per lore. It’s always someone on the Alliance who is credited with heroically killing the big bad that threatens the world. Varian Wrynn killed Onyxia, Tirion Fordring killed the Lich King, Bolvar Fordragon sacrificing himself to keep the Scourge in check, Rhonin travelled back in time to save Alexstraza and later sacrificed himself to save Jania.

1 Like

Maybe we can get them in Warthin!

Source?

Source?

Source?

I’m not playing dumb. We have two types of High Elves but if the company decides that going with a 3rd is a good business decision then why would they “outright tell them the alliance will neer get [more] High Elves”?

https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-us/game/races/troll

https://warcraft.wiki.gg/wiki/Draenei#Escape_from_Outland

https://warcraft.wiki.gg/wiki/Gnome#The_First,_Second_and_Third_War

Varok, Broxigar, Eitrigg, Ariok, Gan’ar, Durotan, Rehgar, Rexxar… all heroic orcs. (Half orc in Rexxar’s case), in addition to Thrall and Dranosh who you have already mentioned.

Nazgrel is probably made of heroic stuff too given his devotion to Thrall’s version of the Horde. But we may never know for sure. Drek’thar too.

It’s also worth noting that by your criteria the Blood elves haven’t done much if anything heroic either, aside from maybe helping drive back the Legion on Quel’danas which… was self-preservation as much as anything else.

2 Likes

The Draenei one is kinda heavily implied that Valen left with as many of his followers as possible, leaving a whole lot of people behind to become Broken, or Eradar. Exactly how many Draenei do you think fit in the Rock-Candy Spaceship Exodar? It’s not a Tardis.

2 Likes

I’ll give you Broxigar. He is an Orc’s Orc. Orcishly Orcish to the Nth degree. Now that I think about it I would probably add Kingslayer Orkus and his frost wyrm Kasha to the list because he is the most heroic Orc to ever live. Johnny Awesome, the Blood Elf hunter, is the only Blood Elf hero i can think of as well.

1 Like

Wasted death.

Orkus should have had a long and enduring legacy.

2 Likes

I like how you actually made my argument for me… I’ll just have to comment on them to show how wrong yo uare.

WERE once.
That is, before World of Warcraft.

10 years before World of Warcraft.

So 80% of all Draenei were killed by the Orcs and the remnants of that race fled.
They were all reunited when the Dark Portal was opened and we invaded Outlands.

Players pick the survivors in Bloodmyst isle.

And 20% of the whole race escaped.
And when you pick a gnome, you’re playing one of those survivors.

Now let’s go for the hard facts that you are unable to accept:

• The total population of Quel’Thalas kingdom was roughly 148k before Arthas’ genocide on Quel’Thalas.
  • 10% of the whole race survived. out of the surviving less than 0,5% were High Elves that were outside of Quel’Thalas.
  • High elves died in Theramore and those in Quel’Lithien died (the later became wretched but also were being killed by adventurers back then - official, in game quest).
  • The former High Elves in are even called Highvale Elves, and they even stopped practicing magic when the sunwell was lost.

So, in short:

• Elves in general have a very low birthrate.
  • Those that survived outside of Quel’Thalas are NPCs
  • Unlike Gnomes, Trolls and Draeneis where you were actually playing one of the survivors, 17/20 years ago. These population grew up considerable since then.
  • The entire “high elf” population left was already smaller than the Gnomeregan refugees;
  • The High Elves became Blood Elves. They are the elves in the Quel’Thalas kingdom.

No, you’re not playing High elf.
Make a Blood elf and join your alliance guild, or make a void elf, paint as a Blood Elf with blue eyes if you want, or Cosplay like Sylvanas. But you’ll never be a High elf.

1 Like

Blizzard can just do Silver Covenant cosmetics, just like they are doing for Shado Pan.