Can we finally get playable the high elves?

I know but try to understand this discussion on context. I’m arguing against someone who was saying the pattern you mentioned is REQUIRED in this video game. It’s basically the argument we are hearing from others that the Alliance and Horde factions MUST fight against each other.

It’s a video game. As you say it’s fiction. If the writers are done with the faction war between Alliance and Horde then it IS POSSIBLE to move in other directions. My argument was basically, if this is possible in the real world, why can’t it be possible in a fictional world where anything should be possible?

Simple answer. Gameplay.

How does gameplay make it impossible for the story to go in a direction where the war is something other than Alliance vs Horde? Why is that required?

Conflict is required.

It is the eternal conflict.
The War… of Warcraft :wink:

1 Like

Yes, but it doesn’t have to be Alliance v Horde conflict. It is possible for the Alliance and Horde to be fighting a common enemy as we have seen in half of the expansions.

It can be, but it doesn’t have to be.

Because of the lore behind them and you also require to know the Bronzebeard-lore to see the connections. The short version would be: Taller, slimmer, usually tan-skinned, tattoos, something based on the gryphons, nature-reduced damage, no Stoneform, no digging.

I don’t admit things I have not said, therefore I’ll skip this notion.

You are somewhat correct but also wrong, but I’ll leave it at this, because Fenelon already made a good statement about this before in the topic.

You can get the void tentacle, the corrupted Elves.

Or… you can play the real High elves, which are the blood elves.

High elves are anything but extinct. The rate that they reproduce is VERY VERY LOW and there aren’t enough left to justify an allied race. Plus, many of these became void tentacles too.

So you got your “high elf” customization as alliance player to “shut this topic”. Time to move on and accept that you won’t have what you want.

Perhaps we remove the void elves completely and leave the alliance without them.
What about it.

4 Likes

They are available to both sides now, otherwise they wouldn’t have added the removable tentacle option for the High Elf subrace on Alliance. However, only the Alliance has actual High Elves, the High Elves of the Horde are called Blood Elves due their political stance.

No, they are not.
This is just a customization to cease this foolish discussion.
We all know that 90% of the whole Elves population was decimated by Arthas. The ones that were left became Blood Elves. Out of the 10% that survived much less than 0,1% of those were high elves, that deserted Quel’Thalas and remained affiliated with the alliance.

Many of these also died during Cataclysm.

It is just Sin’dorei and Ren’dorei left. The Quel’dorei are done, with Veressa being one of the very few left. So, only NPCs.

3 Likes

They are. They even added more natural High Elf hair options to the initial ones in 9.1.5. You don’t have to accept this but that’s an actual fact which can be proven by posting patch notes and pictures.

As a few people have already pointed it out: Population does not factor into the availability of a race in WoW. Canonically the Void Elves are just a room full of NPCs who got turned into this new race, which makes them the first generation of Void Elves.

This is incorrect and can be proven easily. The High Elves have two settlements within the Wildhammer Dwarf regions.

1 Like

They are not.
You are wrong.

There is a reson few people pointed out: they are wrong.
We all know it.

Gone.
Reduced to atoms.

Why do y’all have so little imagination that you need twenty seconds of intro voiceover to tell you what race you play in the game? This is a MMORPG.

I play a half Black Dragon half human, a twisted experiment of Neltharion’s cultists.

My Quel’dorei character went Sin’dorei following Kael’thas, went Ren’dorei very briefly just to get out of the pointy mud hut town and now mostly considers herself to be Quel’dorei again.

I play a half Night Elf, half Quel’dorei daughter of a Druid and a Paladin.

I play an abandoned half human, half Quel’dorei former street rat orphan.

I played a Man’ari Eredar before the customization was an option, I didn’t need the game to give me permission (but the red skin option is nice).

I play an Infinite Dragon, experiencing all timelines at once, forever on the verge of falling apart.

I play a Sayaad, only loosely controlled by his warlock and haphazardly disguised as an Elf.

I don’t need Blizzard to let me specifically roll up any of those things. I don’t need Blizzard to put “half dragon half human” on the character select menu and have a sonorous dude’s voice tell me a repetitive blurb of history to give me permission to imagine up backstories for my wacky bunch of misfits. I do have the option to do things like use toys, transmog and appearance options to make them look close enough to what I wanted, then my TRP3 profile takes over the rest of the heavy lifting.

You can make a Sin’dorei look like a Quel’dorei already. You can make a Ren’dorei look like a Quel’dorei already. If you can’t take it from there with all the options that you have available to you, I don’t know what to tell you.

4 Likes

Population is a dumb metric since it means literally nothing.

90% of all Thalassian elves of Quel’thalas died due to Arthas. Of the remaining 10%, 1% did not change their names.

We have no information on how many of any of those elves exist. Just percentages.

By that same metric the Darkspear shouldn’t be playable, the Gnomes shouldn’t be playable, Void Elves shouldn’t be playable.

Further WoW doesn’t care about population at all. There are always as many elves (or anything else) as Blizzard needs for whatever they’re doing.

Ridiculous argument.

The Highvale are still there… they survive the only time anyone attacked them just fine.

2 Likes

well, if you can create void elf race and faction out of two elves, we clearly have more high elves then that.

Silver Covenant is large group of high elves and plenty of more in Azeorth and all other worlds.

1 Like

Yeah but we shouldn’t cause we have belfs and void elves.

There isnt plenty of high elves at all, there is a good reason they arenblood elves turned traitor.

Not as large as you think.

You do know that a large portion of “High Elves” left Dalaran before the Silver Covenant was formed with Grand Magus Telestra, right? She didn’t agree with Kael’thas’ alliance with the Naga, but would not support or assist Dalaran imprisoning her people. That right there is a large portion of “High Elves”.

1 Like

Silver Covenant high elves have everything to be playable with least resources used. Huge demand.

Most players play an elf. Like 60% playing an elf.

1 Like

Only you are stopping yourself from playing what you want.

Silver Covenant tabard :white_check_mark:
Silver Covenant mount :white_check_mark:

It’s been available since WoLK and still available in game and obtainable to get.

Lore for both factions. :white_check_mark:
Natural skin tones :white_check_mark:
Natural hair colors :white_check_mark:
High Elf eye colors :white_check_mark:
Race model :white_check_mark:

High Elf.

We cannot help those who cannot help themselves.

No, it’s not.

Most players are happy for what they have if nothing is stopping them from playing what they want.

9 Likes