Can we finally get playable the high elves?

I mained a Blood Elf paladin for almost a decade. The class I play now or what i played 10 years prior has no bearing on established lore provided from multiple sources. I feed on lore for this franchise since Orcs vs Humans. So your imaginary scenario is just that…imaginary. Because the High Elves were never intimately involved with The Alliance ( as we know it in game and from the RTS’s) . A small tiny sub sect was. That is vastly different than the situation with the pandaren.

I wrote in another thread-

WC2 and all other lore sources the High Elves “allegiance” to 2 human kingdoms ( Kingdom of Arathor and the Kingdom of Lordaeron) during the Troll Wars was short lived and High King Anasterian Sunstrider seceded from this “alliance”. Note that this was not The Alliance as we know it in game right now and in WC3. The Quel’dorei furth distanced themselves from The Alliance after the human kingdoms refused their call for aid when Arthas attacked. So calling High Elves an “allied race since WC2” is misleading bordering on totally incorrect. High King Anasterian Sunstrider and the people of Que’thalas were only allied with 2 human kingdoms during the Troll wars and ended the alliance quickly when Sunstrider grew bored of the humans problems and then High Elves were completely abandoned by The Alliance during the scourge invasion. Doesn’t sound like such a “core race” of the Alliance to me. More like head canon revisionist history. The ONLY group that pledged themselves nominally to the Alliance were the small sect of survivors in Dalaran under the banner of the Silver Covenant, and every lore source says that they are a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of those Quel’dorei/Sin’Dorei that survived the scourge.

2 Likes

Yes, because the majority of Pandaren are involved with one faction or the other.

If you cannot see the parallels and understand how the game was enriched by allowing players choice in faction for races in which both have representation, then I don’t believe you are making a discussion in good faith.

2 Likes

No. because you have void corrupted blood elves aka void elves. there are less “high elves” as you would call them than there is void elves and there is almost no void elves lorewise.

there is a lot of people who dont know the games lore begging for things that are cannonically never going to happen. they are more likely to get playable worms than the “high elves” they want.

3 Likes

What if they just did a quest chain where the void elves did something to go back to being high elves?

thing is all void elves are blood elves all blood elves are high elves.
high elf you want is an impossibility and has been stated as such for over 20 years since warcraft 3 the high elves you guys want renamed themselves those who didnt are traitors and are less than 2% of the 90% of the elves who died in the scourge invasion that killed nearly all of northern eastern kingdoms

There are thousands of Pandaren. There are a fraction of a percent of Elves that could be considered High Elves. That is canonical. That is in lore. You are comparing apples the cybertrucks. So I think it’s you who isn’t discussing anything on good faith. You want your head canon to be real. It doesn’t enhance the game to add a tiny population of Elves with thin ties to the Alliance at best as a playable race anymore that it does adding the sporegar who where way more present and involved in TBC.

2 Likes

the only representation the alliance should get of “high elves” is the heads of blood elves their void elves get in battle and how many heads of the void elves the blood elves got. no peace no compassion the “ideal” high elf that most of yall desire is a impossibility. and it will be playable as soon as the sun dies and earth seizes to be. embrace the void and dark void elves as alliance or embrace the sun and light as a blood elf as horde. choose your side light aka horde or dark aka alliance. those are you only options for “high elves”

The playable Pandaren all come from the Wandering Isle, and canonically fit inside of a single hot air balloon.

As for the number of High Elves, it’s unknown. The lore stated that Arthas wiped out 90% of the kingdom of Quel’Thalas when he attacked it. That statistic never accounted for High Elves living outside of the kingdom, such as in the lodges, in Alliance cities such as Stormwind and Dalaran, the High Elves who traveled to Kalimdor with Jaina, or the High Elves trapped in Outland. In fact we’ve never been given any sort of information on how those groups combined compare to anyone, much less the Blood Elves.

It’s also worth pointing out, Blizzard is not the most consistent. They pull new races out of nowhere all the time. I think the Nightborne are a good example. An entire race of elves no one knew about, living for millennia under a dome.

In other words, the number argument just doesn’t hold water because:

1. We don’t know the actual number for High Elves
  2. It doesn’t really matter, as Blizzard could reveal a city of them twice the population of the entire Horde if they so wanted.

The Sporregar have featured very little outside of BC. By contrast, High Elves are a fixture in the Alliance. If you use the Alliance’s portal chamber, you’re passing High Elves all the time. The Silver Covenant gets brought out practically every other expansion, to the point that High Elves have more settlements and face time than some of the Alliance’s core races, namely, Gnomes.

The game is enhanced by adding a way for Alliance players to immerse themselves as a race which has been a consistent part of their faction and their faction’s on-going narrative.

im a void elf im alliance i like void elves i reject your desires for high elves when you have void elves. if you dont like the way void elves look the barber exist or you could just play blood elves on horde otherwise stop with your bs.

1 Like

Population doesn’t factor into any wow race or the Gnomes, Void Elves, Darkspear and possibly some other races depending on where you’re looking wouldn’t be playable. lol

And point of fact all playable Pandaren come from the Wandering Isle. They’re a very small population of the Pandaren regardless of how you want to play it. So… even then this doesn’t work out trying to claim “but the populations!”

3 Likes

population does factor in. when it comes to the lore. your wants for high elves violate existing lore and past lore. as such your wrong.

1 Like

Century reminder to blizzard that players probably want…

“Vereesa - Hunter High Elf” on their name, no matter how many costumization they release players will only feel that they are playing the class if they see it like that in game…

Reason why I havent even bothered to change this void elf into anything new. It’s not gonna change that I’m a void elf…

Personally if i was to use pandaren as a comparison against adding high elves, i would say that like pandaren, both factions have playable high elves.
The request for more high elves is like asking for a new pandaren race to be made playable to represent those from pandaria and not the wondering isle.

2 Likes

My want is actually already complete. >.> I do however stand for people being able to request what they want.

My want is more void things and more blood elf things atm.

That said, population is whatever Blizzard wants it to be. Its never been a factor in anything in wow however it has been used as an excuse several times. Then immediately thrown away when Blizzard wanted to do something that goes the opposite.

Theres been enough High Elves and Void Elves to field several small armies, the Void Elves even tossed an entire section of their own out during BfA’s suicide attack on Nazmir.

High Elves have been present in at least two campaigns with Alliance support.

Its ridiculous to use population when Blizzard doesn’t.

I agree with this take. I am not doing this but…

If you were to use Pandaren against the idea of High Elves this is the route to take.

4 Likes

void elves are void tainted blood elves and all blood elves are high elves and all high elves are blood elves and any “high elf” who doesnt take up the name blood elf should be exterminated or exiled preferably exterminated.

To be fair, there are two pandaren available on the character creation screen, identical save for which side of the screen they appear on.

1 Like

Wow my number’s don’t hold water but yours do? Like I said, it’s you with the inability to have a good faith discussion. Pandaren exist outside of the wandering isle regardless of the player characters origins. High elves, by your own words, are the Silver Covenant and…in the portal room?? And yes Blizz can introduce a hidden island of High Elves that no one knew about, but then how are they still High Elves and not a new race after being separated from the rest of Azeroth for years? Shouldn’t they be different than the other Elves because they are in a different land and stuff? That’s the argument why High Elves and Blood Elves are different. Eye color, affiliation, and location, right?

And again, there is NOTHING in lore to suggest anything more than Alleria and her small sect of Silver Covenant High Elves and a scattered handful of others have been integral to the Alliance. A special plot device NPC isn’t a good reason for a playable race. If it was we’d have murlocs by now.

3 Likes

That would be genocidal.

Thats why the Silver Covenant are bad. tsk tsk.

And this is a valid counter to the above. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

major amount of the silver covenant are void elves now as they are banned from quel’thalas.

2 Likes