Can we finally get playable the high elves?

Where have I once mentioned that I want a war? Weirdness is wanting the game uprooted so Alliance can get a Horde race and it’s city. The game should stay how it is.

Insults, nice. Well anyone wanting this game completely changed for what seems to be superficial wants are insane. It’s insane to want dev time put towards this.

3 Likes

The conflict between the members of the current Horde and the members of the current Alliance started a bit over 10 ago, quite a bit actually. Going back to the orcs butchering the goat people back in Outland. But since you brought that number up, 10 years ago would have been between WoD and Legion by our time but since WoW added an extra 5 years between expansions, 10 years ago would have been Between BFA and Shadowlands. So what you talking about?

1 Like

The alliance handled it alright with the Man’ari… I think you’ll manage.

Full support by the game. Not by the community. The community is sick of helfers asking for more.

Also…

No. Not really. But we can keep saying that to shut them up.

That’s literally not what happened… just your interpretation.

Glad we can agree.

See, for me that is partly why I don’t want them to have visage. I don’t want them to get any of their humanity back. People will then use that as a launchpad to ask them to get even more of their … “humanity” :nauseated_face:… back. Not even sure if I want them to get ANY of it back even if I wasn’t worried about the incessant manipulative whitewashers. Just want them to be willing to join us because they need us and realize they will probably ALWAYS need us on their side, despite how much they hate it. The leader will always be plotting though… But if they have to get just a little of it back i can accept it. Still would strongly prefer them not ever looking like elves even in that case. Am very much in the “have too many elves already” crowd. If they do get elf visages, then hopefully they use them as little more than as a means of making it easier for the land-walkers to agree to help them.

Oh no nonononono no no no… Naga look practically nothing like Night elves, and have been separate for even longer than high elves have been separate from night elves! I am not even sure if they could produce valid offspring with night elves given how naga children look… They are definitely at least a few steps removed from night elves.

Different culturally too. They are barely even similar culturally to nightborne anymore since the Nborne went off the nightwell and on the… tree. :roll_eyes:

If you count their societal structure as separate from their culture that’s different too. Largely female dominated society (albeit, with obvious exceptions, that I am hoping to end up including a single very notable exception with a single male leader for the player naga, perhaps with cunning female advisors…) as opposed to a more role-based society with nelves, and relatively egalitarian one with Nborne. They’re just… vastly different.

1 Like

What does this mean? The lore of the game doesn’t support it, so do you just mean the assets? Because yeah, of course the game would support it since blood elves are in the game and blood elves are high elves

Pretty sure the lore supports some playable velves simply being helves.

Aaaaand nah. They’re different things. But good job, keep up appearances!

Have you played WC3 at all? Because it feels clear that you have not.

They are confirmed the same race by Blizzard themselves, so it really doesn’t matter if you think they’re not the same race

Oh really? And how does it feel clear I didn’t?

Same genetically, different in the ways that matter.

Thank you for finally admitting they’re the same race.

Same species.

I feel like this is often overlooked.

While even the Void Elves express an interest in Quel’Thalas being part of the Alliance again, that doesn’t mean that they expect to live there.

The High Elves of the Quel’danil Lodge in the Hinterlands, the Highvale have lived there for a long while now and have no apparent interest in going back to Quel’Thalas. The Silver Covenant live in Dalaran and defend its interests, only really showing up to support the Alliance in areas where the Argent Crusade or Dalaran are operating for the most part.

These groups have their homes and are the predominant high elven populations.

Do they want to see their homeland come back into the fold? Yes, but they’re not necessarily wanting to live there or take it over or remove the Blood Elves from it.

Most probably just wish they didn’t have to worry about their brothers and sisters, their countrymen being on the opposite side of the war. (And also mana sucking politics blah blah blah.)

Very understandable.

It would be neat to have an Alliance leader more like Magatha for awhile at least… That… mmm I like that idea a lot actually.

Moira kinda was like that for awhile… miss that.

I figure they’re probably about as removed as Trolls are. Clearly, despite the “magical” nature of the change, they’re no long what they were before.

I never thought about it from the perspective of they’ve been Naga longer than the Thalassian line has existed… hmm…

Naga culture must be so interesting honestly.

I’d love to see it up close like we would if they joined up. We know from some lore that some of the hierarchy concepts of the Highborne remains but its twisted and malformed from what it was.

This would be interesting to see play out.

Though I’d keep their main leader as a woman.

I definitely would love to see a male leader within that structure who has wrenched themselves up somewhat though.

1 Like

Oh my bad, in the official story they said Kael renamed them but they obviously meant he reraced them

High elves are dying out/bred out of existance by mingling with humans.

They have clung to the alliance in hopes they would return them to glory but their sitiuation only got worse.

Blood elves are actively restoring the species and put it back on the map, there is a good reason a contingent of blood elves turned void and are now playable on alliance, because its an ongoing story element and the high elfera didnt have the population for it otherwise.

3 Likes

Blood Elves are overplayed regardless of what you think of them and they did rob the spotlight of the Horde, making them the “humans of the Horde” and denying the Alliance their lore fantasy. And the compromise was not good enough, otherwise the major backlash wouldn’t go on to this day.

This is correct - but you miss one vital point. The major feedback source of the developers, reddit, agrees with them on every level.

Way too late. They allowed the Alliance to have the Blood Elf heritage armor-based mount too and this went so far that even Horde can wear Gilneas-heritage based armors. The ship has sailed.

Limiting belief, based on the Windrunners only. Nothing states this within the game.

1 Like

they are not same, they are under 3 diffeent name tags and factions. I know game and lore. You can not create and play high elf.

Blood elves and void elves are not high elves. The high elves are in alliance, such as Silver Covenant High elves. We would like finally get them playable. I guess, Midnight is expansion where finally that wish will come true.

1 Like

You obviously don’t know the lore because they are the same thing. The Quel’dorei that lived in Silvermoon on Monday simply changed their name to Sin’dorei on Tuesday after Arthas killed 90% of them. The infinitesimally amount that weren’t in Silvermoon on that day because they were in Dalaran or wherever still supporting the xenophobic Alliance that used them as canon fodder during the war and refused to assist Silvermoon when the scourge attacked, continued to refer to themselves as “High Elves”. There is absolutely nothing different between the 2 group outside of the name the call themselves. They both claimed Anasterian Sunstrider ( a High Elf), king of Quel’Thalas, as their leader. They both claim Silvermoon as their home. The speak the same language they did prior to the scourge attack. They share the same history, culture, an ancestry. They didn’t suddenly become an entirely new race just because they decided to support the Alliance. Thats like saying changing political parties, or who your favorite sports team, or what city you live in makes you a new race. Sin’dorei are still the same RACE OF ELVES they were before Arthas attacked. Having 90% of their population die did not change their race.

Your argument boils down to you think there is something more than surface level idealistic differences between the 2 groups and that High Elves are some superior group of Thalassian Elves because they have blue eyes and support the Alliance. They aren’t. If you took an in-game blue eyed High Elf and put it next to an in-game blue eyed Blood Elf and didn’t label them with the name “Quel’Dorei” or “Sin’Dorei” you would have no idea which was which. Sin’Dorei’s fel tinted eyes are fading back to the normal eye color they had. So if Sin’dorei can be blue eyed, what makes them a different race than High Elves? Political allies do not =/= a new race.

Void Elves are literally Blood Elves exiled from Silvermoon, and since Blood Elves are High Elves with a different name for themselves, they are all the same.

4 Likes

Literally no evidence of either. Lol

You have one family and a pointed comment at one of its members.

I also don’t think this is accurate either.

I don’t think most “high” elves are interested in returning home or dislodging the blood elves.

The world changed and they have their own homes now.

1 Like

Actually, it was stated by Elisande in the Suramar Insurrection questline.

https://youtu.be/fn4M1q-a38E?t=29

1 Like

Yes.

It’s a pointed jab at Vereesa herself. She’s taunting her.