Can we do something with the Garrisons?

People want player housing. Well, garrisons were actually a great blueprint for it.

me too. i even still do the events lol

1 Like

Please post where it says they don’t have the engine to make it happen? I find that hard to believe.

The real problem with Garrisons is that they ended up filling the hole left from a ridiculous content drought during WoD, and so players ended up feeling burned out on them, most especially those players who prefer endgame patch content instead of more casual play, professions, gold making, etc. I’m sad that so much of the player base got such a bad taste from them, because I think they’re the reason Blizzard has been so hesitant on going forward with player housing in any other form.

Garrisons could have been revamped to become evergreen content instead of just abandoning the feature forever in Draenor. They could have evolved it beyond the mission table. They could have made it more optional, for those of us who enjoy it, instead of making it not just mandatory content but primary content. We could have had some version of it with every xpac, either by rebuilding a new base every time, or by mages porting it to a new site in the new xpac like they did Dalaran, or moving it near a capitol and making it proper player housing. I have my doubts we’ll ever really get player housing again just because as soon as we start having this discussion people start screaming about the horrors of Garrisons at an alarming volume indicative of traumatization.

P.S. My monk still lives on her farm in Pandaria, still tends her crops regularly, and still makes gold from it. I wish I had a hearthstone to get there, I’d probably live there on all my alts. I find it very tranquil.

I liked my Garrison and still do. I thought they did a great job on them. IMO people were disappointed with them because they were NOT actual “Player Housing” and the fact there wasn’t much content in WoD likely due to these.

I will say though, the raids were amazing in WoD.

The conveience of my garrison helps me out a lot in game. It is an additional hearthstone to get somewhere that has an AH and a bank. I use the table occasionally still for missions to get gold generating items and am still working on collecting appearances from it.

Still working on collecting enough of the currency to buy the items I need from Nat Pagle as well as the pet battle menargerie is handy when Super Squirt is up for leveling pets. And, still working on getting the last mount I need for the invasions.

Having the extra hearth really is worth it to me, easy enough to get to SW and the portal room for going everywhere else–plus my own little sanctuary to get away from other players but still see what is going on in trade chat.

I agree with this. On top of it, I would love if they would just move Garrisons into the world. There was that unused portal in Stormwind which was rumored to be for player housing. Or just transport the Garrison to the Emerald Dream or something. It would just be great if they were ever added to or made more usable. Players may have found them annoying to deal with at the time because of the implementation but things have been learned in the 10 years since they came out. The fact that we still don’t have player or even Guild housing is insane.

I still use my garrison to make gold and tease the NPC’s.