Can we do something with the Garrisons?

I think they should just shut down tables and ship yard and move rewards into trading post,

I don’t think resources should be wasted on adding any new content to old expansions.

This is almost wholly a nostalgia thing. A few weeks ago I restored a character with a full garrison, bunch of extreme scavenger followers. I also had tailoring. It didn’t take long for me to realize that hexweave bags didn’t sell for that much, sumptuous fur doesn’t sell for that much, not much to do with all the garrison resources. Yeah, it’s old content. I made way more gold when i dropped Draenor tailoring, picked up vanilla skinning and leatherworking and sold winter boots. I’m over the garrison nostalgia now. Deleted the character.

Perhaps Warbands will eventually involve and evolve Garrisons. Move them to Azeroth (to a location of our choosing), allow us to change the architectural style and add a spot for player housing.

Imagine seeing all of your alts and companions walking around. The mission table could level alts (including gear upgrades!), and also allow us to form a group of alts and companions to do dungeons and raids, right from our mission table!

Beat me to it. I just saw your post after making mine.

2 Likes

Yeah, give us one nice Account One.

2 Likes

At the very least, update the trade stalls to have required things like crafting tables (except for the very specific ones needed to create certain cloths, etc.) to do the professions and vendors with current expansion trade goods.

1 Like

Valdraken has more ammenities than precious hubs, so i don’t use my garrison as much now. Ibstill go there occasionally.

As mentioned above, it would be cool to add crafting tables and a trainer to train all expansions.

My garrison is Winter Veil year round. Orc and Draenai children are welcome to visit year round.

1 Like

I still run 10 of them. You are correct that nothing sells for a huge amount, except the medallions and ogre caches. But it adds up and can be done mostly via phone. I only visit in game a couple times a week to collect mats and auction them…total 30 mins for all twice a week. Still average ~500g/day/garrison. :speak_no_evil::see_no_evil::hear_no_evil:

Sometimes I miss my little mini-game of recruiting all followers of my race via the inn.

1 Like

Same, I miss recruiting some new homies.

This, so much. While I adore the Alliance garrison in Shadowmoon Valley (because it’s Shadowmoon Valley, but the human architecture doesn’t hurt), I hate going to the garrison on any Horde characters, it’s depressing to me.

1 Like

of course it still exists
it’s likely completely overrun by light fanatical zealots and repurposed as yrel’s and exarch hellscream’s seats of power (hellscream in frostfire ridge and yrel in shadowmoon) but they’re probably still there
actually if we ever end up going back, i kinda hope that’s what ends up happening

i hope you count all the spikes after they leave.

1 Like

I have garrisons on several of my toons on alliance and horde, I haven’t been out to frostfire ridge in years apart from the time I recently clicked on a wrong hearthstone (happens when you have several hearths) do I like visiting it meh! It’s there if I happen to actually need to get to something nearby. But I don’t think it would be a wise investment for blizzard to put more money into something a small minority of players may want.

Garrisons are player housing, one of the best features added to the game, and people hated them. To this day people beg for player housing which is so wild. Would love to see some updates to them and build on their potential. They were the best source of gold in Word hands down.

I think the garrison should be account bound and allow any and all of your alts to enter. I don’t like that it’s a single player name bound. Plus If account bound, it would mean that you can start at the garrison in the beginning or at least be able to access your garrison early on. I view my garrison as my private crafting zone or workshop

Yeah, if you have upgraded followers, you can easily pump out Hexweave Bags and Swapblasters with little effort. I cycle through my Garrisons on the App for the Medallions of the Legion and Ogre Caches - those can sell between 3k to 5k each. The Gronn Mount sells for 500-1000 so that is something for almost nothing.

Garrisons still make nice passive income, with the tiniest bit of attention.

Taliesin has a theory that Warbands might be a kind of accidental side affect to housing, he reasons it like: “Well, to do housing we have to do this, but because we did this, [Warbands] happened and can be used.”

1 Like

Oh that’s interesting! I’ll have to check that out.

1 Like

The update that players want with the Garrisons is to turn it into fully customizable player housing (heavy emphasis on “fully customizable”). Sadly, WoW doesn’t have the engine to make it happen, otherwise we would have seen it in character creation.

It was mostly hated because it didn’t have in-depth customization players want and it would have done things to take you out to gather for it if it did, rather than keep you in there.

Getting the initial customization infrastructure in the game will take significant dev time, but once it’s in there custom housing assets will be the only things that get created after that.